* [U-Boot] Load different DeviceTree based on EEPROM
@ 2018-03-13  8:45 Chris Obbard
From: Chris Obbard @ 2018-03-13  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi experts,

I want to run one Linux image on multiple boards that are very
similar, each has a separate device tree. This works quite well, but
device tree has to be loaded manually depending on which board.

On the boards I have a read-only eeprom which contains serial number &
board type. Obviously, board ID is not just one byte, someone had the
"good" idea of writing the name in ascii across multiple bytes.
My current thinking is to probe eeprom for this string using if
statements, then load DTS based on the result.
If not working for some reason, then load default DTS.

BR,
Chris

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-03-13  8:45 UTC | newest]