* x86 mtdparts for 16M part
@ 2020-03-04  6:00 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2020-03-04  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

I'm trying and failing to set up mtd partitions in qemu with a 16M part.

Reading the syntax I thought cmdilne would look like this:
mtdparts=0:8192k@0xfff00000
to just get an 8M part at start of flash at 0xfff00000

problem is, I don't see anything by way of parsing in mtd ever being called.

I've set the following:
CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_1=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_2=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_4=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I1=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I2=y
CONFIG_MTD_ROM=y
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP=y
CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_COMPAT=y
CONFIG_MTD_SPI_NOR=y
CONFIG_MTD_SPI_NOR_USE_4K_SECTORS=y

This is on x86, again, what am I missing?

thanks

ron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-04  6:00 UTC | newest]