* Re: [SPDK] NVMF initiator error: Failed to open /dev/nvme-fabrics: No such file or directory
@ 2017-08-21 16:45 Sunil Vettukalppurathu
From: Sunil Vettukalppurathu @ 2017-08-21 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Gang,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It doesn't work in my case as it's using linux rdma instead of spdk rdma
where I am making some changes.

Error:

Failed to write to /dev/nvme-fabrics: Connection reset by peer

dmesg:

nvme nvme0: rdma_resolve_addr wait failed (-104).

The above message comes from linux rdma instead of spdk rdma.
Thanks,
--Sunil

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Cao, Gang <gang.cao(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Sunil,
>

> On the initiator side, you may run the “modprobe -v nvme-rdma” with root
> command first and will see the /dev/nvme-fabrics device there. After
> this, run the connect command from the SPDK version nvme-cli. Also to
> support more parameters from the connect command like hostnqn, you may pull
> the https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/372395/ patch which is under
> reviewing now. Once the device is connected, you can see /dev/nvmeX and
> /dev/nvmeXn1 two new devices there. Please kindly let us know whether this
> works.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Gang

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 13867 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] NVMF initiator error: Failed to open /dev/nvme-fabrics: No such file or directory
@ 2017-08-20 13:51 Cao, Gang

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Verkamp, Daniel <daniel.verkamp(a)intel.com<mailto:daniel.verkamp(a)intel.com>> wrote:
Hi Sunil,

Can you describe which commands you are running on the initiator side?

/dev/nvme-fabrics is exposed by the Linux kernel NMVe-oF initiator; if you are using the SPDK initiator, it should not be needed.

As an example, you should be able to use the SPDK NVMe-oF initiator through the NVMe identify example (fill in your own target IP address and port number):

    examples/nvme/identify/identify -r ‘trtype:RDMA traddr:1.2.3.4 adrfam:IPv4 trsvcid:4420 subnqn:nqn.2014-08.org<http://nqn.2014-08.org>.nvmexpress.discovery’

Thanks,
-- Daniel

I am  trying to run initiator on machine and the target on another machine   using rdma.

Once the controller is initialized (qpairs are created), it fails in add_ctrl() saying:

Failed to open /dev/nvme-fabrics: No such file or directory

Who should be creating this file: /dev/nvme-fabrics ?

Looking at code, nowhere it's created - at least I can not see it.

If I load linux nvme_fabrics module,  /dev/nvme-fabrics is created. But then it would be taking the linux route.... right?

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

--sunil

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 16074 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] NVMF initiator error: Failed to open /dev/nvme-fabrics: No such file or directory
@ 2017-08-18 17:41 Sunil Vettukalppurathu
From: Sunil Vettukalppurathu @ 2017-08-18 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

wrote:

> Hi Sunil,
>

> Can you describe which commands you are running on the initiator side?
>

> /dev/nvme-fabrics is exposed by the Linux kernel NMVe-oF initiator; if you
> are using the SPDK initiator, it should not be needed.
>

> As an example, you should be able to use the SPDK NVMe-oF initiator
> through the NVMe identify example (fill in your own target IP address and
> port number):
>

>     examples/nvme/identify/identify -r ‘trtype:RDMA traddr:1.2.3.4
> adrfam:IPv4 trsvcid:4420 subnqn:nqn.2014-08.org.nvmexpress.discovery’
>

> Thanks,
>
> -- Daniel

[-- Type: text/html, Size: 7211 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] NVMF initiator error: Failed to open /dev/nvme-fabrics: No such file or directory
@ 2017-08-18 16:18 Verkamp, Daniel

I am  trying to run initiator on machine and the target on another machine   using rdma.

Once the controller is initialized (qpairs are created), it fails in add_ctrl() saying:

Failed to open /dev/nvme-fabrics: No such file or directory

Who should be creating this file: /dev/nvme-fabrics ?

Looking at code, nowhere it's created - at least I can not see it.

If I load linux nvme_fabrics module,  /dev/nvme-fabrics is created. But then it would be taking the linux route.... right?

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

--sunil

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 7154 bytes --]

* [SPDK] NVMF initiator error: Failed to open /dev/nvme-fabrics: No such file or directory
@ 2017-08-17 22:26 Sunil Vettukalppurathu
From: Sunil Vettukalppurathu @ 2017-08-17 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk