* bitbake parsing but not attempting to build recipes in layer.
@ 2016-07-15 10:26 Mark T
From: Mark T @ 2016-07-15 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have several recipes in a layer. I have added the layer to
build/conf/bblayers.conf.

The layer.conf in that layer looks correct for the BBFILES+= etc.

when I run "bitbake core-image-base" the recipes are bing parsed ( as it
picked up errors for missing dependencies). With those fixed it runs clean
and builds successfully - but its omitted the recipes from my layer - there
is nothing in build/tmp/work etc

If I build my_recipe from my layer via
"bitbake my_recipe"     it builds and I see products in build/tmp/work etc.

Any idea why its not attempting to build my_recipe  when using bitbake
core-image-base ?

Thanks
Mark

* Re: bitbake parsing but not attempting to build recipes in layer.
@ 2016-07-15 10:35 ` Nicolas Dechesne
From: Nicolas Dechesne @ 2016-07-15 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark T; +Cc: yocto

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Mark T <mtl1nuxd3v@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have several recipes in a layer. I have added the layer to
> build/conf/bblayers.conf.
>
> The layer.conf in that layer looks correct for the BBFILES+= etc.
>
> when I run "bitbake core-image-base" the recipes are bing parsed ( as it
> picked up errors for missing dependencies). With those fixed it runs clean
> and builds successfully - but its omitted the recipes from my layer - there
> is nothing in build/tmp/work etc
>
> If I build my_recipe from my layer via
> "bitbake my_recipe"     it builds and I see products in build/tmp/work etc.
>
> Any idea why its not attempting to build my_recipe  when using bitbake
> core-image-base ?

You need to add your custom packages into the image. By default, they
won't be there , nor would they be built (but as you noticed your
recipes are being parsed).

see http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage

* Re: bitbake parsing but not attempting to build recipes in layer.
@ 2016-07-15 12:56   ` Mark T
From: Mark T @ 2016-07-15 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Dechesne; +Cc: yocto