* hostapd, acs and iwlwifi
@ 2020-03-26  9:51 Wojciech Jakóbczyk
From: Wojciech Jakóbczyk @ 2020-03-26  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,

I'm trying to get automatic channel selection with hostapd on an Intel
chipset (9260).

As I understand this combination is not supported currently - iwlwifi
iwl_mvm_mac_get_survey does not implement what's required by hostapd.
Has there been any attempts to implement this? Or plans? Is this a lot
of work, for someone not experienced in the driver?

Or are there any viable alternatives? Another approach to ACS in hostapd maybe?

Some implementation to get this is fine for me, I'm just wondering
what's the best approach. Also which would be more flexible in terms
of supporting other chipsets... Not sure what's the status of ACS
support in general. I've seen an old note that only some Atheros
drivers support it.

thanks,
wojtek

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-26  9:51 UTC | newest]