* Moving linux-fslc to 3.12-rc4
@ 2013-10-08  3:04 Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2013-10-08  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale; +Cc: Otavio Salvador

Hi,

I would like to propose that we move linux-fslc from 3.11 to 3.12-rc4
as we have a better support for i.mx in 3.12:

- mx53 USB host support
- SATA on mx6
- SPDIF
- USB gadget support
- Fixes on mxs-lradc

Linus usually go up to -rc7, which means that the final 3.12 would
happen about 4 weeks from now.

The idea would be to move to 3.12-rc4 now and update it for every rc
release until 3.12 is out. This is similar to what we are currently
doing with U-boot.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

* Re: Moving linux-fslc to 3.12-rc4
@ 2013-10-08 11:52 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2013-10-08 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose that we move linux-fslc from 3.11 to 3.12-rc4
> as we have a better support for i.mx in 3.12:
>
> - mx53 USB host support
> - SATA on mx6
> - SPDIF
> - USB gadget support
> - Fixes on mxs-lradc
>
> Linus usually go up to -rc7, which means that the final 3.12 would
> happen about 4 weeks from now.
>
> The idea would be to move to 3.12-rc4 now and update it for every rc
> release until 3.12 is out. This is similar to what we are currently
> doing with U-boot.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.

Personally I agree with it as the only machine using it, by default,
is mx23evk and it would not hurt. So the risk is  small and it gives a
better base for backport of possible fixes and improvements done in
3.13 and later.

* Re: Moving linux-fslc to 3.12-rc4
@ 2013-10-08 13:52   ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2013-10-08 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador, Fabio Estevam; +Cc: meta-freescale

On 10/08/2013 08:52 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to propose that we move linux-fslc from 3.11 to 3.12-rc4
>> as we have a better support for i.mx in 3.12:
>>
>> - mx53 USB host support
>> - SATA on mx6
>> - SPDIF
>> - USB gadget support
>> - Fixes on mxs-lradc
>>
>> Linus usually go up to -rc7, which means that the final 3.12 would
>> happen about 4 weeks from now.
>>
>> The idea would be to move to 3.12-rc4 now and update it for every rc
>> release until 3.12 is out. This is similar to what we are currently
>> doing with U-boot.
>>
>> Please let me know your thoughts.
>
> Personally I agree with it as the only machine using it, by default,
> is mx23evk and it would not hurt. So the risk is  small and it gives a
> better base for backport of possible fixes and improvements done in
> 3.13 and later.

+1

--
Daiane