* imx6q: Graphics hardware acceleration with x11 (old topic)
@ 2018-04-06 18:26 Prasant J
From: Prasant J @ 2018-04-06 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi,

I happen to return to imx6 mailing  list after a long break.
I vaguely recollect an old issue: on imx6q vivante graphics hardware
rendering (for x11 build) did not work because the vivante libraries
(x11 build) were not DRI2 compatible. As a result when using x11 then
graphics is not hardware accelerated.

Is this issue resolved? If yes, in which yocto release is this resolved?

Any inputs will be of great help!

Thanks & regards, Pj

* Re: imx6q: Graphics hardware acceleration with x11 (old topic)
@ 2018-04-11 13:23 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2018-04-11 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Prasant J <pj0585@gmail.com> wrote:
> I happen to return to imx6 mailing  list after a long break.
> I vaguely recollect an old issue: on imx6q vivante graphics hardware
> rendering (for x11 build) did not work because the vivante libraries
> (x11 build) were not DRI2 compatible. As a result when using x11 then
> graphics is not hardware accelerated.
>

> Is this issue resolved? If yes, in which yocto release is this resolved?
>

> Any inputs will be of great help!

X11 acceleration is supported using X11 and XWayland backends.

* Re: imx6q: Graphics hardware acceleration with x11 (old topic)
@ 2018-04-12  5:45   ` Prasant J
From: Prasant J @ 2018-04-12  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio.salvador@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Prasant J <pj0585@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I happen to return to imx6 mailing  list after a long break.
>> I vaguely recollect an old issue: on imx6q vivante graphics hardware
>> rendering (for x11 build) did not work because the vivante libraries
>> (x11 build) were not DRI2 compatible. As a result when using x11 then
>> graphics is not hardware accelerated.
>>

>> Is this issue resolved? If yes, in which yocto release is this resolved?
>>

>> Any inputs will be of great help!
>
> X11 acceleration is supported using X11 and XWayland backends.

@Otavia: Thanks so much for the information.

We get this error:
(II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Is AIGLX now supported by Vivante libraries?
If yes, which yocto version will fix this issue?

@ 2018-04-12 13:19     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2018-04-12 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 2:45 AM, Prasant J <pj0585@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio.salvador@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Prasant J <pj0585@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I happen to return to imx6 mailing  list after a long break.
>>> I vaguely recollect an old issue: on imx6q vivante graphics hardware
>>> rendering (for x11 build) did not work because the vivante libraries
>>> (x11 build) were not DRI2 compatible. As a result when using x11 then
>>> graphics is not hardware accelerated.
>>>

>>> Is this issue resolved? If yes, in which yocto release is this resolved?
>>>

>>> Any inputs will be of great help!
>>
>> X11 acceleration is supported using X11 and XWayland backends.
>
> @Otavia: Thanks so much for the information.
>
> We get this error:
> (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
> (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
>
> Is AIGLX now supported by Vivante libraries?
> If yes, which yocto version will fix this issue?

This is still acelerated. You can confirm using glxgears for example.