* decompress.c : Add cache support
@ 2014-07-22  4:24 Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-22  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ralf; +Cc: f.fainelli, antonynpavlov, blogic, linux-mips, linux-kernel

Hey Ralf and others
We seem to be flushing this cache after decompressing the kernel on
mips. Can't we cache this?
If anyone has any advice on how to fix this it would be great:).
Nick

* Re: decompress.c : Add cache support
@ 2014-07-22 17:14 ` Florian Fainelli
From: Florian Fainelli @ 2014-07-22 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause
  Cc: Ralf Baechle, Antony Pavlov, John Crispin, Linux-MIPS, linux-kernel

> Hey Ralf and others
> We seem to be flushing this cache after decompressing the kernel on
> mips. Can't we cache this?

I am not sure I fully understand what you mean here. What would we be
caching, instruction, data, both?

> If anyone has any advice on how to fix this it would be great:).
> Nick

One patch that I carried locally and which works for a bunch of
MIPS32r1 compatible platforms out there is this one, I tried to
address some of Ralf's comment as well about the code duplication
(maybe I can get around to resubmit it):

http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/1565/
--
Florian

* Re: decompress.c : Add cache support
@ 2014-07-22 17:41   ` Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-22 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Fainelli
  Cc: Ralf Baechle, Antony Pavlov, John Crispin, Linux-MIPS, linux-kernel

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey Ralf and others
>> We seem to be flushing this cache after decompressing the kernel on
>> mips. Can't we cache this?
>
> I am not sure I fully understand what you mean here. What would we be
> caching, instruction, data, both?
>
>> If anyone has any advice on how to fix this it would be great:).
>> Nick
>
> One patch that I carried locally and which works for a bunch of
> MIPS32r1 compatible platforms out there is this one, I tried to
> address some of Ralf's comment as well about the code duplication
> (maybe I can get around to resubmit it):
>
> http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/1565/
> --
> Florian

Florian,
You should resubmit this patch as it seems to be correct and fix this issue.
Cheers Nick