* drbd_worker.c: Remove lines
@ 2014-07-22  6:17 Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-22  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drbd-dev; +Cc: drbd-user, linux-kernel

There seems to be two fix mes in function in wait_for_work. I was
wondering can we remove these spinlocks?
Cheers Nick

* Re: drbd_worker.c: Remove lines
@ 2014-07-22  8:09 ` Mike Galbraith
From: Mike Galbraith @ 2014-07-22  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause; +Cc: drbd-dev, drbd-user, linux-kernel

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 02:17 -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> There seems to be two fix mes in function in wait_for_work. I was
> wondering can we remove these spinlocks?

Rather than ask someone else this question, take a look to see what the
lock protects and from whom.  If protected thingy cannot possibly be
diddled concurrently, you'll know what to do, if it can be, you'll know
what to do.  If you can't figure it out, move on to the next windmill
until the last one on the planet has been tilted or bounced off of :)

-Mike

* Re: drbd_worker.c: Remove lines
@ 2014-07-22 17:43   ` Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-22 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Galbraith; +Cc: drbd-dev, drbd-user, linux-kernel

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Mike Galbraith
<umgwanakikbuti@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 02:17 -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
>> There seems to be two fix mes in function in wait_for_work. I was
>> wondering can we remove these spinlocks?
>
> Rather than ask someone else this question, take a look to see what the
> lock protects and from whom.  If protected thingy cannot possibly be
> diddled concurrently, you'll know what to do, if it can be, you'll know
> what to do.  If you can't figure it out, move on to the next windmill
> until the last one on the planet has been tilted or bounced off of :)
>
> -Mike

Mike ,
Thanks for the advice.
Cheers Nick