* arc: FIXME in file uwind.c
@ 2014-07-05  2:35 Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-05  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vgupta; +Cc: linux-kernel

When using cscope I get a FIX ME message in uwind.c , it seems to have
four NULL returns.
I am wondering since I am new to part of the kernel what would you
like me to return here?
Cheers Nick

* Re: arc: FIXME in file uwind.c
@ 2014-07-24  4:38 ` Vineet Gupta
From: Vineet Gupta @ 2014-07-24  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Nick,

On Saturday 05 July 2014 08:05 AM, Nick Krause wrote:
> When using cscope I get a FIX ME message in uwind.c , it seems to have
> four NULL returns.
> I am wondering since I am new to part of the kernel what would you
> like me to return here?
> Cheers Nick

The issues were related to incorrect .debug_frame stuff generated by gcc at the
time. The current unwinder works well so we've not had the need to revisit it.

Thx,
-Vineet

* Re: arc: FIXME in file uwind.c
@ 2014-07-24  4:42   ` Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-07-24  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vineet Gupta; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Vineet Gupta
<Vineet.Gupta1@synopsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> On Saturday 05 July 2014 08:05 AM, Nick Krause wrote:
>> When using cscope I get a FIX ME message in uwind.c , it seems to have
>> four NULL returns.
>> I am wondering since I am new to part of the kernel what would you
>> like me to return here?
>> Cheers Nick
>
> The issues were related to incorrect .debug_frame stuff generated by gcc at the
> time. The current unwinder works well so we've not had the need to revisit it.
>
> Thx,
> -Vineet
Finally , a nice comment :). I seem to be getting hate for some bad patches.
Probably should quit :(.
Nick