* Re: 'make bzImage' compile error at x86_64 platform: FAILED unresolved symbol udp_sock
@ 2022-04-14  7:24 FanJun Kong
From: FanJun Kong @ 2022-04-14  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi, developer
I met this on Arm64 and I am using 5.10.89 + xenomai3.2.1

My gcc version:
gcc version 7.5.0 (Linaro GCC 7.5-2019.12)

Thanks

Kong

* Re: 'make bzImage' compile error at x86_64 platform: FAILED unresolved symbol udp_sock
@ 2022-04-14 10:36 ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2022-04-14 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: FanJun Kong; +Cc: Xenomai

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 9:24 AM FanJun Kong via Xenomai
<xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:

> Hi, developer
> I met this on Arm64 and I am using 5.10.89 + xenomai3.2.1

Can you please share the full error message you get?
I'd like to know which function/object needs udp_sock.

//richard

* Re: 'make bzImage' compile error at x86_64 platform: FAILED unresolved symbol udp_sock
@ 2022-04-15  1:11   ` FanJun Kong
From: FanJun Kong @ 2022-04-15  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Weinberger; +Cc: Xenomai

I met some error when I was building kernel 5.10

FAILED unresolved symbol udp_sock
make: *** [Makefile:1179: vmlinux] Error 255

and when I make some changes to .config, another error shows up

FAILED unresolved symbol udp6_sock
make: *** [Makefile:1179: vmlinux] Error 255

If I disable CONFIG_NET no error any more,

and I found another bug exactly same with mine:
https://www.mail-archive.com/xenomai@xenomai.org/msg21778.html

but, when I using prepare-kernel.sh to apply patch from fresh and build all
again, it works

I found a similar bug here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@vger.kernel.org/msg358778.html

Thanks very much.

Kong

@ 2022-01-03  6:35     ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2022-01-03  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiayu Cao, xenomai

On 21.12.21 10:18, Jiayu Cao via Xenomai wrote:
> Alright, I compiled the kernel at Ubuntu 18.04 with GCC version 7.5.0
> successfully. The solution is kind of silly but it does work. Just
> wondering that mistake is related to Ubuntu or GCC version...

I would start with looking for "udp_sock" in the delta between upstream
and that Ubuntu kernel. Or try if the same compiler from 20.04 also
triggers this when compiling an official Dovetail release. In that
latter case, the issue may relate to different default compiler settings
under Ubuntu.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT

* Re: 'make bzImage' compile error at x86_64 platform: FAILED unresolved symbol udp_sock
@ 2021-12-21  9:18   ` Jiayu Cao
From: Jiayu Cao @ 2021-12-21  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

@ 2021-12-21  8:36 ` Jiayu Cao