* Update the yocto dunfell to latest version
@ 2023-12-18  7:37 MOHAMMED HASSAN
From: MOHAMMED HASSAN @ 2023-12-18  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi guys,
Can you suggest some resources for me to update to the latest yocto dunfell
version. Currently I am using dunfell 3.1.11 and want to update to 3.1.29.
What could be the consequences?
Also If I manually update the nodejs folder to the latest one will it fetch
the latest nodejs files(example)?

Regards,
Hassan

* Re: [yocto] Update the yocto dunfell to latest version
@ 2023-12-18 16:53 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2023-12-18 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, hassanchattarki

On Sun, Dec 17, 2023 at 11:37 PM MOHAMMED HASSAN
<hassanchattarki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Can you suggest some resources for me to update to the latest yocto dunfell version. Currently I am using dunfell 3.1.11 and want to update to 3.1.29.
> What could be the consequences?

This will be relatively safer to do since point releases do not
contain major features and essentially are bug fixes and security
fixes. However, this is
not always the case that it will be smooth for you since there might
be a particular bugfix that could change a behavior which you might be
relying on
so needs some due diligence.

> Also If I manually update the nodejs folder to the latest one will it fetch the latest nodejs files(example)?

This is your call and hence the problems you encounter will also be
unique to you. You might seek help in the community and if there are
some
folks who have tried what you will be doing you might find some support.