* [bug][git-gui] Git gui is not executing prepare-commit-msg hooks when run from a worktree
@ 2021-07-20 14:32 Bertrand Provost
From: Bertrand Provost @ 2021-07-20 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello,

What did you do before the bug happened? (Steps to reproduce your issue)
- Create a worktree of a git in a new directory
- Add prepare-commit-msg hook
- Open `git gui` UI from the worktree directory

What did you expect to happen? (Expected behavior)
It should fill the commit field with the hooks

What happened instead? (Actual behavior)
Nothing

The hook works fine in the original directory (with the full .git)

[System Info]
git version:
git version 2.31.1
cpu: x86_64
no commit associated with this build
sizeof-long: 8
sizeof-size_t: 8
shell-path: /bin/sh
uname: Linux 5.4.0-77-generic #86-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 17 02:35:03 UTC 2021 x86_64
compiler info: gnuc: 9.3
libc info: glibc: 2.31
$SHELL (typically, interactive shell): /bin/bash

[Enabled Hooks]
prepare-commit-msg

--
Bertrand Provost

* Re: [bug][git-gui] Git gui is not executing prepare-commit-msg hooks when run from a worktree
@ 2021-07-20 17:56 ` Pratyush Yadav
From: Pratyush Yadav @ 2021-07-20 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bertrand Provost; +Cc: git

On 20/07/21 10:32AM, Bertrand Provost wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What did you do before the bug happened? (Steps to reproduce your issue)
> - Create a worktree of a git in a new directory
> - Add prepare-commit-msg hook
> - Open `git gui` UI from the worktree directory
>
> What did you expect to happen? (Expected behavior)
> It should fill the commit field with the hooks
>
> What happened instead? (Actual behavior)
> Nothing
>
> The hook works fine in the original directory (with the full .git)
>
> [System Info]
> git version:
> git version 2.31.1
> cpu: x86_64
> no commit associated with this build
> sizeof-long: 8
> sizeof-size_t: 8
> shell-path: /bin/sh
> uname: Linux 5.4.0-77-generic #86-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 17 02:35:03 UTC 2021 x86_64
> compiler info: gnuc: 9.3
> libc info: glibc: 2.31
> $SHELL (typically, interactive shell): /bin/bash
>
> [Enabled Hooks]
> prepare-commit-msg

Thanks for reporting. I will take a look when I can find the time.

> --
> Bertrand Provost

Pratyush Yadav