* How to add openmp to the target image
@ 2015-04-20 11:15 Christophe Coutand
From: Christophe Coutand @ 2015-04-20 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Is there a way to include the openmp library on the target image? when
building the full target image for a freescale processor, I get gcc etc...
installed on the target filesystem but not libgomp. It is however correctly
deployed when installing the SDK on the host machine.

Thanks for any input.

--

Regards
Christophe

* Re: How to add openmp to the target image
@ 2015-04-21 10:12 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-04-21 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe Coutand; +Cc: yocto

Hi Cristophe,

On Monday 20 April 2015 13:15:06 Christophe Coutand wrote:
> Is there a way to include the openmp library on the target image? when
> building the full target image for a freescale processor, I get gcc etc...
> installed on the target filesystem but not libgomp. It is however correctly
> deployed when installing the SDK on the host machine.

The library is packaged in a package called libgomp, headers are in a package
called libgomp-dev. You can add these to your image if you are looking to
build things on the target itself [1], but if you are simply building an
application that you want to link to this library from within the build
system, you should not need to explicitly add it because the build system will
pick up on the dynamic link and add a dependency from your application package
on the libgomp package automatically.

Cheers,
Paul

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: How to add openmp to the target image
@ 2015-05-01  7:48   ` christophe coutand
From: christophe coutand @ 2015-05-01  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your help.

replacing
IMAGE_INSTALL += "libgomp libgomp-dev libgomp-staticdev"
with
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libgomp libgomp-dev libgomp-staticdev"
in local.conf seems to do the trick, the library is now part of the
target image.

Regards,
Christophe

@ 2015-05-01 21:11     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-05-01 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: christophe coutand; +Cc: Paul Eggleton, yocto

> On May 1, 2015, at 12:48 AM, christophe coutand <ccoutand@widenorth.no> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> replacing
> IMAGE_INSTALL += "libgomp libgomp-dev libgomp-staticdev"
> with
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libgomp libgomp-dev libgomp-staticdev”

unless you are doing development on the device, you don’t need -dev and -staticdev packages to be there

* Re: How to add openmp to the target image
@ 2015-05-03  8:59       ` Christophe Coutand cc
From: Christophe Coutand cc @ 2015-05-03  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Paul Eggleton, yocto

On 5/1/2015 11:11 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On May 1, 2015, at 12:48 AM, christophe coutand <ccoutand@widenorth.no> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>>
>> replacing
>> IMAGE_INSTALL += "libgomp libgomp-dev libgomp-staticdev"
>> with
>> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libgomp libgomp-dev libgomp-staticdev”
>
> unless you are doing development on the device, you don’t need -dev and -staticdev packages to be there

noted. in this case we are doing some development on the device.