* [refpolicy] Testing in the Reference Policy
@ 2016-08-22 17:52 Naftuli Tzvi Kay
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Naftuli Tzvi Kay @ 2016-08-22 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: refpolicy

I'm currently working on a reference policy addition to restrict access for
a given application. Up until now, I've been testing my application on a
Fedora 24 Vagrant VM, compiling a non-base module and loading it into the
kernel, running, testing, auditing, etc.

What I found is that I ended up using a lot of RedHat specific downstream
macros, which aren't supported here upstream.

Is there a recommended way of testing reference policy code? How can I
alter my Fedora Vagrant VM setup to cover the use case I'm after? Should I
just compile the reference policy in my VM, relabel the filesystem, and
then reboot and load the reference policy into the kernel?

My host OS is running Ubuntu 14.04, so it's not very useful for debugging
SELinux things; I once tried getting SELinux running on my desktop
<https://rfkrocktk.github.io/2015/12/selinux-on-ubuntu>, but X wouldn't
start, etc. and I imagine the policy is pretty out of date.

How can I create an environment in which I can test my policy against the
program I'm aiming to constrain? (Syncthing)