* Heads-up: possible Jewel/Kraken RBD compatibility issue that might impact users doing rolling upgrades
@ 2017-05-09 14:18 Florian Haas
From: Florian Haas @ 2017-05-09 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi everyone,

just a quick heads-up on this issue: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19889

TL;DR: "rbd import" looks like it breaks when upgrading a cluster from
Jewel to Kraken (and potentially, Luminous — not sure about that) and
before upgrading the client itself. In other words, this might cause
disruption in upgrades with clients using "rbd import"-like
functionality (such as OpenStack Glance).

Cheers,
Florian

* Re: Heads-up: possible Jewel/Kraken RBD compatibility issue that might impact users doing rolling upgrades
@ 2017-05-09 16:21 ` Jason Dillaman
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2017-05-09 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Haas; +Cc: ceph-devel

Looking at the debug logs in the associated tracker ticket (thanks!),
it looks like three update object map ops were sent to the OSD and
never completed. This is strange since milliseconds before those three
requests were sent, six object map update ops were sent to the same
object and completed successfully.

Are you still able to reproduce this issue? If so, can you re-run with
"--debug-ms=20 --debug-objecter=20" as well? I attempted to import the
same cirros image using a Jewel 10.2.7 client and Kraken 11.2.0 OSDs
and was unable to reproduce.

Thanks,
Jason