* USI chip driver compatibility
@ 2016-02-22 22:11 Chaitanya Mannem
From: Chaitanya Mannem @ 2016-02-22 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b43-dev

Hi, I?m looking to interface the USI WM-BN-BM-04 wifi-bt module, I
have provided a link to the datasheet from my dropbox below. The
datasheet stresses that the design is based off of the Broadcom 4330
chip. I am wondering if the bm 43 driver will be compatible with this
chip for that reason. If not will another driver built for the 4330
work. I do not have access to the USI drivers as they are hesitant to
help. Any one have any info. This is my first time venturing into this
area so I?m kinda lost.

 www.dropbox.com/s/31w1hi7avctlm1o/WM-BN-BM-04_PRD_v0.2_2011-06-20.pdf?dl=0

Thanks.

* USI chip driver compatibility
@ 2016-02-23 15:26 ` Rafał Miłecki
       [not found]   ` <CAPb8FP+HBJt0ALBQ65U+dx7VoZdupEh6+0ojvmLkr26v5X5eDg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Rafał Miłecki @ 2016-02-23 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b43-dev

On 22 February 2016 at 23:11, Chaitanya Mannem
<chaitanyamannem@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I?m looking to interface the USI WM-BN-BM-04 wifi-bt module, I
> have provided a link to the datasheet from my dropbox below. The
> datasheet stresses that the design is based off of the Broadcom 4330
> chip. I am wondering if the bm 43 driver will be compatible with this
> chip for that reason. If not will another driver built for the 4330
> work. I do not have access to the USI drivers as they are hesitant to
> help. Any one have any info. This is my first time venturing into this
> area so I?m kinda lost.

Did you try such a crazy idea of using Google with "bcm4330 linux"
phase? It pointed me to the
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/brcm80211

@ 2016-02-23 15:51     ` Rafał Miłecki
From: Rafał Miłecki @ 2016-02-23 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b43-dev

On 23 February 2016 at 16:36, Chaitanya Mannem
<chaitanyamannem@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think my google skills suck then cause I looked for hours or I'm
> just blind and didn't catch that. Now here's my main question, even
> though the chip says its based off of bcm4330, does that means drivers
> will work for it since this chip isn't from broadcom but from USI.

Please don't drop ML from To/Cc.

I don't think USI did any modifications to this chip, especially since
it's a FullMAC device. So it most likely should work for you. Maybe
you will just need adding another SDIO device ID to brcmfmac table.

For further help try brcm80211 ML as this one is for b43 driver (for
SoftMAC devices).

* USI chip driver compatibility
@ 2016-02-23 17:07       ` Chaitanya Mannem
From: Chaitanya Mannem @ 2016-02-23 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b43-dev

I did not mean to drop the mailinglist, this is my first time using
one. I hit reply instead of reply all. Thanks for the info, appreciate
it. I'll have a chat with them.