From: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>,
	linux-nvdimm <linux-nvdimm@lists.01.org>
Subject: [GIT PULL] libnvdimm for 5.4
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:57:31 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Linus, please pull from:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nvdimm/nvdimm
tags/libnvdimm-for-5.4

...to receive some reworks to better support nvdimms on powerpc and an
nvdimm security interface update.

There was some last minute build breakage detected in -next so I've
left a patch that finalizes the powerpc compatibility work and some
other fixes out of this pull request.  The build fix requires a new
symbol export that needs an ack from ppc folks, so I'm going to save
that for a post -rc1 update. "libnvdimm/dax: Pick the right alignment
default when creating dax devices" not typically something I would
send during the -rc cycle, but I see no strong reason for it to wait
until v5.5.

The pending fixes for others watching are:

Aneesh Kumar K.V (4):
      libnvdimm/dax: Pick the right alignment default when creating dax devices
      mm/nvdimm: Fix endian conversion issues
      libnvdimm/altmap: Track namespace boundaries in altmap
      libnvdimm/region: Initialize bad block for volatile namespaces

Nathan Chancellor (1):
      libnvdimm/nfit_test: Fix acpi_handle redefinition

---

The following changes since commit d45331b00ddb179e291766617259261c112db872:

  Linux 5.3-rc4 (2019-08-11 13:26:41 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nvdimm/nvdimm
tags/libnvdimm-for-5.4

for you to fetch changes up to 5b26db95fee3f1ce0d096b2de0ac6f3716171093:

  libnvdimm: Use PAGE_SIZE instead of SZ_4K for align check
(2019-09-05 16:11:14 -0700)

libnvdimm for 5.4

- Rework the nvdimm core to accommodate architectures with different page
  sizes and ones that can change supported huge page sizes at boot
  time rather than a compile time constant.

- Introduce a distinct 'frozen' attribute for the nvdimm security state
  since it is independent of the locked state.

- Miscellaneous fixups.

Aneesh Kumar K.V (6):
      libnvdimm/of_pmem: Provide a unique name for bus provider
      libnvdimm/pmem: Advance namespace seed for specific probe errors
      libnvdimm/pfn_dev: Add a build check to make sure we notice when
struct page size change
      libnvdimm/pfn_dev: Add page size and struct page size to pfn superblock
      libnvdimm/label: Remove the dpa align check
      libnvdimm: Use PAGE_SIZE instead of SZ_4K for align check

Dan Williams (5):
      tools/testing/nvdimm: Fix fallthrough warning
      libnvdimm/security: Introduce a 'frozen' attribute
      libnvdimm/security: Tighten scope of nvdimm->busy vs security operations
      libnvdimm/security: Consolidate 'security' operations
      libnvdimm/region: Rewrite _probe_success() to _advance_seeds()

Gustavo A. R. Silva (1):
      libnvdimm, region: Use struct_size() in kzalloc()

 drivers/acpi/nfit/intel.c        |  59 ++++++------
 drivers/nvdimm/bus.c             |  10 +-
 drivers/nvdimm/dimm_devs.c       | 134 ++++++--------------------
 drivers/nvdimm/label.c           |   5 -
 drivers/nvdimm/namespace_devs.c  |  40 ++++++--
 drivers/nvdimm/nd-core.h         |  54 ++++-------
 drivers/nvdimm/nd.h              |   4 +
 drivers/nvdimm/of_pmem.c         |   2 +-
 drivers/nvdimm/pfn.h             |   5 +-
 drivers/nvdimm/pfn_devs.c        |  35 ++++++-
 drivers/nvdimm/pmem.c            |  29 +++++-
 drivers/nvdimm/region_devs.c     |  83 ++++------------
 drivers/nvdimm/security.c        | 199 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 include/linux/libnvdimm.h        |   9 +-
 tools/testing/nvdimm/dimm_devs.c |  19 +---
 tools/testing/nvdimm/test/nfit.c |   3 +-

From: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>,
	linux-nvdimm <linux-nvdimm@lists.01.org>,