* [Buildroot] refpolicy build failures
@ 2021-07-30  7:10 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2021-07-30  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Fontaine; +Cc: buildroot, Maxime Chevallier

Hello Fabrice,

Since you've added lots of SELinux modules to package, we're seeing
build failures on the refpolicy package:

  http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=refpolicy-2.20210203

There are a least issues with the minidlna, fetchmail and perhaps
apache/httpd.

Could you have a look?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas Petazzoni
--
Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* Re: [Buildroot] refpolicy build failures
@ 2021-07-31  8:05 ` Fabrice Fontaine
From: Fabrice Fontaine @ 2021-07-31  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Petazzoni; +Cc: buildroot, Maxime Chevallier

Hello Thomas,

Le ven. 30 juil. 2021 à 09:10, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com> a écrit :

> Hello Fabrice,
>
> Since you've added lots of SELinux modules to package, we're seeing
> build failures on the refpolicy package:
>
>   http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=refpolicy-2.20210203
>
> There are a least issues with the minidlna, fetchmail and perhaps
> apache/httpd.
I fixed minidlna, fetchmail and exim.
The other build failures are all related to packages that can
optionally share content through apache/httpd (e.g. collectd, cvs,
git, nut, etc.).
They're raised when apache is not enabled because their file contexts
unconditionally use apache/httpd parameters.
I opened an issue to know how to properly fix those issues:
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/issues/400.

> Could you have a look?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Thomas Petazzoni
> --
> Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
> Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
> https://bootlin.com
Best Regards,

Fabrice

* Re: [Buildroot] refpolicy build failures
@ 2021-07-31  8:13   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2021-07-31  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Fontaine; +Cc: buildroot, Maxime Chevallier

Hello Fabrice,

On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:05:50 +0200
Fabrice Fontaine <fontaine.fabrice@gmail.com> wrote:

> I fixed minidlna, fetchmail and exim.

Thanks for your work, I merged your patches fixing these issues.

> The other build failures are all related to packages that can
> optionally share content through apache/httpd (e.g. collectd, cvs,
> git, nut, etc.).
> They're raised when apache is not enabled because their file contexts
> unconditionally use apache/httpd parameters.
> I opened an issue to know how to properly fix those issues:
> https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/issues/400.

Should we revert those changes in Buildroot for the time being? Or
unconditionally add the apache/httpd SELinux modules in collectd, cvs,
git, nut ? This is effectively what the refpolicy requires right now.

Best regards,

Thomas
--

@ 2021-07-31  8:18     ` Fabrice Fontaine
From: Fabrice Fontaine @ 2021-07-31  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Petazzoni; +Cc: buildroot, Maxime Chevallier

Le sam. 31 juil. 2021 à 10:13, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com> a écrit :

> Hello Fabrice,
>
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:05:50 +0200
> Fabrice Fontaine <fontaine.fabrice@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I fixed minidlna, fetchmail and exim.
>
> Thanks for your work, I merged your patches fixing these issues.
>
> > The other build failures are all related to packages that can
> > optionally share content through apache/httpd (e.g. collectd, cvs,
> > git, nut, etc.).
> > They're raised when apache is not enabled because their file contexts
> > unconditionally use apache/httpd parameters.
> > I opened an issue to know how to properly fix those issues:
> > https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/issues/400.
>
> Should we revert those changes in Buildroot for the time being? Or
> unconditionally add the apache/httpd SELinux modules in collectd, cvs,
> git, nut ? This is effectively what the refpolicy requires right now.
Indeed, I'll send patches to add apache/httpd. Hopefully, we should be
able to remove it later on.

> Best regards,
>
> Thomas
> --
> Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
> Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
> https://bootlin.com
Best Regards,

Fabrice