* u-boot-flasher fails with current u-boot
@ 2017-06-06 23:36 Peter.Chubb-RgbkMxAV74wUb6iz2VnApA
       [not found] ` <84tw3sk7sq.wl-Peter.Chubb-RgbkMxAV74wUb6iz2VnApA@public.gmane.org>
From: Peter.Chubb-RgbkMxAV74wUb6iz2VnApA @ 2017-06-06 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-tegra-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA
  Cc: swarren-DDmLM1+adcrQT0dZR+AlfA, sjg-F7+t8E8rja9g9hUCZPvPmw

Recent changes to U-Boot have broken u-boot-flasher.    I now see,
after
	./tegra-uboot-flasher flash jetson-tk1
on the serial port:
  >>> Selecting MMC device...
  tegra_mmc_send_cmd_bounced: MMC Timeout
    Interrupt status        0x00000001
    Interrupt status enable 0xffff003b
    Interrupt signal enable 0xffff0002
    Present status          0x01fb02f6
  mmc_init: -1, time 8042

and nothing is flashed to the MMC.

I can do
     ./tegra-uboot-flasher exec jetson-tk1
and everything works as expected.  The running-from-RAM u-boot can
access the MMC.

The patch in U-Boot that causes the problems (found by git-bisect) is
0e513e788f tegra: convert MMC to use driver model for operations

--
Dr Peter Chubb         Tel: +61 2 9490 5852      http://ts.data61.csiro.au/
Trustworthy Systems Group                           Data61 (formerly NICTA)

* Re: u-boot-flasher fails with current u-boot
@ 2017-06-07  3:13     ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-06-07  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Chubb

Hi Peter,

On 6 June 2017 at 17:36,  <Peter.Chubb-RgbkMxAV74wUb6iz2VnApA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Recent changes to U-Boot have broken u-boot-flasher.    I now see,
> after
>         ./tegra-uboot-flasher flash jetson-tk1
> on the serial port:
>   >>> Selecting MMC device...
>   tegra_mmc_send_cmd_bounced: MMC Timeout
>     Interrupt status        0x00000001
>     Interrupt status enable 0xffff003b
>     Interrupt signal enable 0xffff0002
>     Present status          0x01fb02f6
>   mmc_init: -1, time 8042
>
> and nothing is flashed to the MMC.
>
> I can do
>      ./tegra-uboot-flasher exec jetson-tk1
> and everything works as expected.  The running-from-RAM u-boot can
> access the MMC.
>
> The patch in U-Boot that causes the problems (found by git-bisect) is
> 0e513e788f tegra: convert MMC to use driver model for operations

Oh dear. I cannot find my board but will see if I can repeat this on a beaver.

> --
> Dr Peter Chubb         Tel: +61 2 9490 5852      http://ts.data61.csiro.au/
> Trustworthy Systems Group                           Data61 (formerly NICTA)

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] u-boot-flasher fails with current u-boot
@ 2017-06-07  3:13     ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-06-07  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Peter,

@ 2017-06-07  4:01       ` Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au
From: Peter.Chubb @ 2017-06-07  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sjg; +Cc: linux-tegra, swarren, u-boot

:
Simon> Oh dear. I cannot find my board but will see if I can repeat
Simon> this on a beaver.
Thanks.

If there's any additional logging you'd like me to collect on the
Jetson, let me know.

Peter C

@ 2017-06-07  4:01       ` Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au
From: Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au @ 2017-06-07  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

@ 2017-06-08  1:12         ` Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au
From: Peter.Chubb @ 2017-06-08  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter.Chubb; +Cc: linux-tegra, u-boot, swarren

Simon> Oh dear. I cannot find my board but will see if I can repeat
Simon> this on a beaver.

Peter> If there's any additional logging you'd like me to collect on
Peter> the Jetson, let me know.

I tried to reproduce this this morning.  Today, even trying to exec
the U-Boot without flashing fails.

So,
	./tegra-uboot-flasher exec  jetson-tk1
with a current u-boot gives an inoperative eMMC.

In the boot header I see:

U-Boot 2017.05-00769-g0e513e788f (Jun 08 2017 - 09:26:27 +1000)

TEGRA124
Model: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
Board: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
DRAM:  2 GiB
MMC:   sdhci@700b0400: 1, sdhci@700b0600: 0

Then:

Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # mmc rescan

@ 2017-06-08  1:12         ` Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au
From: Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au @ 2017-06-08  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Simon> Oh dear. I cannot find my board but will see if I can repeat
Simon> this on a beaver.

Peter> If there's any additional logging you'd like me to collect on
Peter> the Jetson, let me know.

I tried to reproduce this this morning.  Today, even trying to exec
the U-Boot without flashing fails.

So,
	./tegra-uboot-flasher exec  jetson-tk1
with a current u-boot gives an inoperative eMMC.

In the boot header I see:

U-Boot 2017.05-00769-g0e513e788f (Jun 08 2017 - 09:26:27 +1000)

TEGRA124
Model: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
Board: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
DRAM:  2 GiB
MMC:   sdhci at 700b0400: 1, sdhci at 700b0600: 0

@ 2017-06-08  3:11             ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-06-08  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Chubb

Hi Peter,

On 7 June 2017 at 19:12,  <Peter.Chubb-RgbkMxAV74wUb6iz2VnApA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Simon> Oh dear. I cannot find my board but will see if I can repeat
> Simon> this on a beaver.
>
> Peter> If there's any additional logging you'd like me to collect on
> Peter> the Jetson, let me know.
>
> I tried to reproduce this this morning.  Today, even trying to exec
> the U-Boot without flashing fails.

The good news is I found my Jetson-TK1 and I can repeat your problem.

> So,
>         ./tegra-uboot-flasher exec  jetson-tk1
> with a current u-boot gives an inoperative eMMC.
>
> In the boot header I see:
>
> U-Boot 2017.05-00769-g0e513e788f (Jun 08 2017 - 09:26:27 +1000)
>
> TEGRA124
> Model: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
> Board: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
> DRAM:  2 GiB
> MMC:   sdhci@700b0400: 1, sdhci@700b0600: 0
>
> Then:
>
> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # mmc rescan

Why are you running 'mmc rescan'? Is this because the MMC has changed?

This command does not seem to work since it does not re-probe the
driver. It looks like the driver assumes that the controller is reset
each time. I'll send a patch which seems to fix it for me.

From: Simon Glass @ 2017-06-08  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Peter,

@ 2017-06-08  4:00                 ` Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au
From: Peter.Chubb-RgbkMxAV74wUb6iz2VnApA @ 2017-06-08  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sjg-F7+t8E8rja9g9hUCZPvPmw
  Cc: Peter.Chubb-RgbkMxAV74wUb6iz2VnApA,
	linux-tegra-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	swarren-DDmLM1+adcrQT0dZR+AlfA, u-boot-0aAXYlwwYIKGBzrmiIFOJg

Simon> The good news is I found my Jetson-TK1 and I can repeat your
Simon> problem.

Cool.  So it's not just me (phew)

>> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # mmc rescan

Simon> Why are you running 'mmc rescan'? Is this because the MMC has
Simon> changed?

Any mmc command fails except 'mmc part' and 'mmc list'.  'mmc rescan'
was just one example that should work.

Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # mmc dev
tegra_mmc_send_cmd_bounced: MMC Timeout
    Interrupt status        0x00000001
    Interrupt status enable 0xffff003b
    Interrupt signal enable 0xffff0002
    Present status          0x01fb02f6
mmc_init: -1, time 8042

Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # mmc info
mmc_init: -1, time 4

@ 2017-06-08  4:00                 ` Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au
From: Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au @ 2017-06-08  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

@ 2017-06-09 12:28                 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-06-09 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Chubb

Hi Peter,

On 7 June 2017 at 21:11, Simon Glass <sjg-F7+t8E8rja9g9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi Peter,

>> Simon> Oh dear. I cannot find my board but will see if I can repeat
>> Simon> this on a beaver.
>>
>> Peter> If there's any additional logging you'd like me to collect on
>> Peter> the Jetson, let me know.
>>
>> I tried to reproduce this this morning.  Today, even trying to exec
>> the U-Boot without flashing fails.
>
> The good news is I found my Jetson-TK1 and I can repeat your problem.
>

>> So,
>>         ./tegra-uboot-flasher exec  jetson-tk1
>> with a current u-boot gives an inoperative eMMC.
>>
>> In the boot header I see:
>>
>> U-Boot 2017.05-00769-g0e513e788f (Jun 08 2017 - 09:26:27 +1000)
>>
>> TEGRA124
>> Model: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
>> Board: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
>> DRAM:  2 GiB
>> MMC:   sdhci@700b0400: 1, sdhci@700b0600: 0
>>
>> Then:
>>
>> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # mmc rescan
>
> Why are you running 'mmc rescan'? Is this because the MMC has changed?
>
> This command does not seem to work since it does not re-probe the
> driver. It looks like the driver assumes that the controller is reset
> each time. I'll send a patch which seems to fix it for me.
>
>> tegra_mmc_send_cmd_bounced: MMC Timeout
>>     Interrupt status        0x00000001
>>     Interrupt status enable 0xffff003b
>>     Interrupt signal enable 0xffff0002
>>     Present status          0x01fb02f6
>> mmc_init: -1, time 8042

OK thanks for that. Just to close the loop I sent a patch to fix it:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/772771/

From: Simon Glass @ 2017-06-09 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Peter,