* [U-Boot] Sandbox dm tests leave sandbox in a bad state
@ 2015-04-30 22:08 Joe Hershberger
From: Joe Hershberger @ 2015-04-30 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Simon,

I tracked a segfault down to the entire DM being left torn down after
the last test. This means anything that wants to use the DM is hosed.
I'm seeing a segfault in the sandbox related to a driver name being
NULL when running "dm tree".

I also noticed that the USB test dm_test_usb_flash can't run more than
once without crashing.

Thoughts? Are these just expected and accepted limitations?

Thanks,
-Joe

* [U-Boot] Sandbox dm tests leave sandbox in a bad state
@ 2015-04-30 22:11 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2015-04-30 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Joe,

On 30 April 2015 at 16:08, Joe Hershberger <joe.hershberger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I tracked a segfault down to the entire DM being left torn down after
> the last test. This means anything that wants to use the DM is hosed.
> I'm seeing a segfault in the sandbox related to a driver name being
> NULL when running "dm tree".
>
> I also noticed that the USB test dm_test_usb_flash can't run more than
> once without crashing.
>
> Thoughts? Are these just expected and accepted limitations?

Yes that's expected.

However it would actually be possible to fix this, by re-initing
things after they are torn down. The tests don't need to be so
destructive.

Regards,
Simon