* [U-Boot] Rainbow Screen of Death - Raspberry PI Current u-boot master
       [not found] <2119740992.11531194.1506545719301.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2017-09-27 20:55 ` Duncan Hare
From: Duncan Hare @ 2017-09-27 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I pulled the latest master from git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.gitbuilt the raspberry pi imagemake r_3_32b_defconfigmakecopied the u-boot bin the a working sd cardand I get the rainbow screen of death from the pi.
When I use a u-boot.bin build from a git clone of u-boot in about Jan 2017, it works.
Just to reassure myself I was not doing something stupid, I did a second time.Deleted the u-boot directory and re-ran the git clone
Suggestions? If you need a pi for testing, I'll send one. with sd card, fedex.
ThanksDuncan Hare

714 931 7952

* [U-Boot] Rainbow Screen of Death - Raspberry PI Current u-boot master
@ 2017-11-05 16:58   ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-11-05 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Duncan,

On 27 September 2017 at 14:55, Duncan Hare <dh@synoia.com> wrote:

> I pulled the latest master from git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.gitbuilt the raspberry pi imagemake r_3_32b_defconfigmakecopied the u-boot bin the a working sd cardand I get the rainbow screen of death from the pi.
> When I use a u-boot.bin build from a git clone of u-boot in about Jan 2017, it works.
> Just to reassure myself I was not doing something stupid, I did a second time.Deleted the u-boot directory and re-ran the git clone
> Suggestions? If you need a pi for testing, I'll send one. with sd card, fedex.
> ThanksDuncan Hare

Is this still happening? I have one of these boards and tested it
fairly recently. It might be a problem with the method of loading
U-Boot?

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] Rainbow Screen of Death - Raspberry PI Current u-boot master
@ 2017-11-05 22:52     ` Peter Robinson
From: Peter Robinson @ 2017-11-05 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

>> I pulled the latest master from git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.gitbuilt the raspberry pi imagemake r_3_32b_defconfigmakecopied the u-boot bin the a working sd cardand I get the rainbow screen of death from the pi.
>> When I use a u-boot.bin build from a git clone of u-boot in about Jan 2017, it works.
>> Just to reassure myself I was not doing something stupid, I did a second time.Deleted the u-boot directory and re-ran the git clone
>> Suggestions? If you need a pi for testing, I'll send one. with sd card, fedex.
>> ThanksDuncan Hare
>
> Is this still happening? I have one of these boards and tested it
> fairly recently. It might be a problem with the method of loading
> U-Boot?

I've just tested 2017.11 rc3 across rpi2, rpi3 in 32 and 64 bit mode
and it works as expected across all 3. From supporting Fedora on these
devices by far and the most regular cause of the rainbow screen is
wrong firmware or the device can't find the firmware, or an
insufficient power supply.

Peter