* [U-Boot] How to perform a secure boot on ARM Linux
@ 2014-01-20 12:40 rakesh ranjan
From: rakesh ranjan @ 2014-01-20 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

I have a beagle board and want to create a u-boot that verifies the kernel
and rootfs before booting it. Any pointers on how it can be achieved will
be appreciated.

Rakesh

* [U-Boot] How to perform a secure boot on ARM Linux
@ 2014-01-20 15:16 ` Detlev Zundel
From: Detlev Zundel @ 2014-01-20 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Rakesh,

> I have a beagle board and want to create a u-boot that verifies the kernel
> and rootfs before booting it. Any pointers on how it can be achieved will
> be appreciated.

You can start here by reading the provided documentation:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt;hb=HEAD

There's also a ELCE 2013 presentation by Simon Glass:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/chromeos_and_diy_vboot_0.pdf

And a paper by Jagan Teki from the U-Boot Mini Summit

http://www.denx.de/wiki/pub/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2013/U-Boot_verified_RSA_boot_flow_on_arm_target.pdf

The mailing list is surely the right place for further questions ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
There are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation,
naming things, and off-by-one errors.

* [U-Boot] How to perform a secure boot on ARM Linux
@ 2014-01-20 18:00   ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2014-01-20 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Detlev Zundel <dzu@denx.de> wrote:
> Hi Rakesh,
>
>> I have a beagle board and want to create a u-boot that verifies the kernel
>> and rootfs before booting it. Any pointers on how it can be achieved will
>> be appreciated.
>
> You can start here by reading the provided documentation:
>
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt;hb=HEAD
>
> There's also a ELCE 2013 presentation by Simon Glass:
>
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/chromeos_and_diy_vboot_0.pdf
>
> And a paper by Jagan Teki from the U-Boot Mini Summit
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/pub/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2013/U-Boot_verified_RSA_boot_flow_on_arm_target.pdf
>
> The mailing list is surely the right place for further questions ;)

One more paper to Detlev pointers!
http://www.denx.de/wiki/pub/U-Boot/OpenSourceIndia2013/Multi_image_booting_scenarios.pdf

--
Jagan.

* [U-Boot] How to perform a secure boot on ARM Linux
@ 2014-01-20 18:47 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2014-01-20 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Monday, January 20, 2014 at 01:40:52 PM, rakesh ranjan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a beagle board and want to create a u-boot that verifies the kernel
> and rootfs before booting it. Any pointers on how it can be achieved will
> be appreciated.
>
> Rakesh

See doc/uImage.FIT/verified-boot.txt and doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt in the
source tree .

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] How to perform a secure boot on ARM Linux
@ 2014-01-23  2:58   ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2014-01-23  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

+Tom

Hi,

On 20 January 2014 11:47, Marek Vasut <marex@denx.de> wrote:

> On Monday, January 20, 2014 at 01:40:52 PM, rakesh ranjan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a beagle board and want to create a u-boot that verifies the
> kernel
> > and rootfs before booting it. Any pointers on how it can be achieved will
> > be appreciated.
> >
> > Rakesh
>
> See doc/uImage.FIT/verified-boot.txt and doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt in
> the
> source tree .

Final suggestion - also see this post:

https://plus.google.com/103658573279088224166/posts/NDgYtMnmAge

The actual patches did not make it into the release, but hopefully next
time.

Regards,
Simon