* Hints on how to use efi_driver/efi_block_device.c
@ 2021-08-12 14:34 Christian Melki
From: Christian Melki @ 2021-08-12 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I was hoping that U-boot would detect BLOCK_IO devices provided by UEFI
automatically. But I can't see anything attached under lsblk or find
some other information about this.
For example, Barebox works just fine on both Virtualbox and real
hardware in this regard.

Barebox does not have an emmc driver for the real hardware but
piggybacks off the UEFI protocol for this.

I'm sure that the idea with this U-boot driver is something like that,
but would appreciate some hints on how to use it.

Ie, standard usage. UEFI boots of a drive, posts some handles(?) to a
block device and U-boot picks it up, not knowing more about the
abstracted hardware.

Best regards,
Christian