* Chromium OS verified boot 2018 with U-Boot
@ 2021-02-16 17:12 Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2021-02-16 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

Just a note that the U-Boot / vboot integration has been updated with
the 2018 version of vboot and it makes full use of driver model.

If it available at [1]

Documentation for running it on coral (2018 Intel Apollo Lake
Chromebook) is available [2] as well as running it on sandbox [3].

The earlier release for 2015's samus (Chromebook Pixel 2) and 2012's
link is still available at [4].

Regards,
Simon

[1] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/cros-2021.01
[2] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/blob/cros-2021.01/cros/doc/cros_coral.rst
[3] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/blob/cros-2021.01/cros/doc/cros_sandbox.rst
[4] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/cros-2019.01

* Chromium OS verified boot 2018 with U-Boot
@ 2021-02-16 17:52 ` Heinrich Schuchardt
From: Heinrich Schuchardt @ 2021-02-16 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 16.02.21 18:12, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a note that the U-Boot / vboot integration has been updated with
> the 2018 version of vboot and it makes full use of driver model.
>
> If it available at [1]
>
> Documentation for running it on coral (2018 Intel Apollo Lake
> Chromebook) is available [2] as well as running it on sandbox [3].
>
> The earlier release for 2015's samus (Chromebook Pixel 2) and 2012's
> link is still available at [4].
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>
> [1] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/cros-2021.01
> [2] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/blob/cros-2021.01/cros/doc/cros_coral.rst
> [3] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/blob/cros-2021.01/cros/doc/cros_sandbox.rst
> [4] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/cros-2019.01

Those *.rst should be in /doc/board/ ?

It this something you are planning to merge into upstream U-Boot?

Best regards

Heinrich

* Chromium OS verified boot 2018 with U-Boot
@ 2021-02-18  4:45   ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2021-02-18  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Heinrich,

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 10:52, Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 16.02.21 18:12, Simon Glass wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just a note that the U-Boot / vboot integration has been updated with
> > the 2018 version of vboot and it makes full use of driver model.
> >
> > If it available at [1]
> >
> > Documentation for running it on coral (2018 Intel Apollo Lake
> > Chromebook) is available [2] as well as running it on sandbox [3].
> >
> > The earlier release for 2015's samus (Chromebook Pixel 2) and 2012's
> > link is still available at [4].
> >
> > Regards,
> > Simon
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/cros-2021.01
> > [2] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/blob/cros-2021.01/cros/doc/cros_coral.rst
> > [3] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/blob/cros-2021.01/cros/doc/cros_sandbox.rst
> > [4] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/cros-2019.01
>
> Those *.rst should be in /doc/board/ ?

Well not really since there is code in cros/ that is needed.

> It this something you are planning to merge into upstream U-Boot?

Possibly but I need to chat with Tom about it. We did talk about
having a u-boot-cros tree but I'm not quite ready yet.

Regards,
Simon

* Chromium OS verified boot 2018 with U-Boot
@ 2021-04-06  2:54 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2021-04-06  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 06:12, Simon Glass <sjg@chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a note that the U-Boot / vboot integration has been updated with
> the 2018 version of vboot and it makes full use of driver model.
>
> If it available at [1]
>
> Documentation for running it on coral (2018 Intel Apollo Lake
> Chromebook) is available [2] as well as running it on sandbox [3].
>
> The earlier release for 2015's samus (Chromebook Pixel 2) and 2012's
> link is still available at [4].

As a further note, the new cros-2021.04 release is now available [5].

This improves the coral support slightly and adds the ability to boot
verified boot on top of coreboot (for coral only at present). It also
includes updated documentation with 'make htmldocs'. The base
implementation is in a cros/ subdirectory and consists of 15K LOC
including documentation and devicetree files. You might find the talks
at [6] useful.

It is built on top of the just-released U-Boot v2021.04.

Future work will update the implementation to 2021 vboot (currently it
is using 2018), but this may involve moving to a newer board, since
Coral was released with 2017 vboot. The differences are mostly
refactoring.

Regards,
Simon

[5] https://github.com/sjg20/u-boot/tree/cros-2021.04