* DM_VIDEO migration
@ 2021-09-26 15:53 Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2021-09-26 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Anatolij,

It looks like it is well past time to complete the DM_VIDEO migration
and drop the old code. There are still a few drivers left.

Are you looking at this? I could perhaps send an initial patch to remove a few.

Regards,
Simon

* Re: DM_VIDEO migration
@ 2021-09-26 16:21 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-09-26 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 09:53:24AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:

> Hi Anatolij,
>
> It looks like it is well past time to complete the DM_VIDEO migration
> and drop the old code. There are still a few drivers left.
>
> Are you looking at this? I could perhaps send an initial patch to remove a few.

What are you seeing that's left?  We already dropped everything I
thought.  There might be unused drivers left, and compat code tho?

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: DM_VIDEO migration
@ 2021-09-26 18:34   ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2021-09-26 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Tom,

On Sun, 26 Sept 2021 at 10:21, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 09:53:24AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
>
> > Hi Anatolij,
> >
> > It looks like it is well past time to complete the DM_VIDEO migration
> > and drop the old code. There are still a few drivers left.
> >
> > Are you looking at this? I could perhaps send an initial patch to remove a few.
>
> What are you seeing that's left?  We already dropped everything I
> thought.  There might be unused drivers left, and compat code tho?

Yes, but also I noticed cfg_console.c which is quite old.

Regards,
Simon

* Re: DM_VIDEO migration
@ 2021-09-26 20:15     ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-09-26 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 12:34:25PM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Sun, 26 Sept 2021 at 10:21, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 09:53:24AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Anatolij,
> > >
> > > It looks like it is well past time to complete the DM_VIDEO migration
> > > and drop the old code. There are still a few drivers left.
> > >
> > > Are you looking at this? I could perhaps send an initial patch to remove a few.
> >
> > What are you seeing that's left?  We already dropped everything I
> > thought.  There might be unused drivers left, and compat code tho?
>
> Yes, but also I noticed cfg_console.c which is quite old.

Go and start ripping things out then, we did delete / disable VIDEO on
the non-migrated platforms, except maybe sunxi needs a since-posted
series to fully migrate everything?  Or maybe that was DM_I2C only.

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: DM_VIDEO migration
@ 2021-09-26 20:31 ` Anatolij Gustschin
From: Anatolij Gustschin @ 2021-09-26 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Simon,

On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 09:53:24 -0600
Simon Glass sjg@chromium.org wrote:

> Hi Anatolij,
>
> It looks like it is well past time to complete the DM_VIDEO migration
> and drop the old code. There are still a few drivers left.
>
> Are you looking at this? I could perhaps send an initial patch to remove a few.

Yes, I'm aware of some unused drivers, i.e. mx3fb, ati_radeon_fb
(the latter is already removed in next). nokia_rx51 board does
not enable DM_VIDEO, but it still uses old cfb_console. Also
fsl_diu_fb and fsl_dcu_fb. I've removed all DM_VIDEO conversion
warnings, but there is still cleanup work needed on various board
files/headers. Also some Kconfig work is still needed. I'm working
on it.

Anatolij

* Re: DM_VIDEO migration
@ 2021-09-26 21:12   ` Tom Rini