* Peculiar problem executing boot.scr
@ 2022-11-14  8:12 Tasos Terzidis
From: Tasos Terzidis @ 2022-11-14  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

I have a very peculiar problem.

I have a very simple boot.scr script so that u-boot can load it and run it.

My set up is a Raspberry 3 B (32 bit)

Sript is

Fatload mmc 0:1 ${kernel_addr_r} kernel7.img

Bootz ${kernel_addr_r} - ${fdt_addr}

When u-boot stops autocounting, finds the script loads it and the error
message is

-à    ‘ailed to find kernel7.img     ß--

Instead of F for word Failed, prints ‘ailed.

If I stop auto counting and enter the commands of script by hand it runs
and loads kernel as expected

As a matter of fact whatever command I add to the script gives an error

Example : if I add printenv the error is “can not find command”

I can not understand what the problem is.

Has anyone encountered such a problem ??

Thank you

Tasos

* Re: Peculiar problem executing boot.scr
@ 2022-11-14 22:50 ` Simon Glass
       [not found]   ` <001a01d8f8b2$9dabaa90$d902ffb0$@gr>
From: Simon Glass @ 2022-11-14 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: terzanasta; +Cc: u-boot

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 06:50, Tasos Terzidis <terzanasta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a very peculiar problem.
>
> I have a very simple boot.scr script so that u-boot can load it and run it.
>
> My set up is a Raspberry 3 B (32 bit)
>
> Sript is
>
> Fatload mmc 0:1 ${kernel_addr_r} kernel7.img
>
> Bootz ${kernel_addr_r} - ${fdt_addr}
>

> When u-boot stops autocounting, finds the script loads it and the error
> message is
>
> -à    ‘ailed to find kernel7.img     ß--
>

> Instead of F for word Failed, prints ‘ailed.
>

> If I stop auto counting and enter the commands of script by hand it runs
> and loads kernel as expected
>

> As a matter of fact whatever command I add to the script gives an error
>
> Example : if I add printenv the error is “can not find command”
>

> I can not understand what the problem is.
>

> Has anyone encountered such a problem ??

Can you post the whole console output so we can see version, etc.?

I cannot immediately even find that 'Failed to find %s' string in U-Boot.

Regards,
Simon

@ 2022-11-15 21:58     ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2022-11-15 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

+U-Boot Mailing List

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 22:24, Terzidis Tasos <terzanasta@teemail.gr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Can you post the whole console output so we can see version, etc.?
> Unfortunately I don’t have a serial console, so I will reproduce by writing the monitor output
>
> Boot.scr.uimg Script is
> printenv
> fatload mmc 0:1 ${kernel_addr_r} kernel7.img
> bootz ${kernel_addr_r} - ${fdt_addr}
>

> I manually load and run the script
>
> U-Boot> Fatload mmc 0:1 0x30000000 boot.scr.uimg
> 168 bytes read in 3 ms (54.7 KiB/s)
> U-Boot> source 0x30000000
> ## Executing script at 30000000
> ' - try 'help'd ' printenv
> 'ailed to load 'kernel7.img
> zimage: Bad magic!
> ' - try 'help' d '
>
> The version is
> U-Boot> version
> U-Boot 2023.01-rc1-00041-g0cbeed4f66-dirty (Nov 14 2022 - 18:44:50 +0200)
> Gcc (Rasbian 10.2.1 -6+rpi1) 10.2.1 20210110
> GNU id (GNU Binutils for Raspbian) 2.35.2
>

> I installed U-boot again at 14 November just in case I made something wrong
>
> The same error result I get, when let U-boot to automatically read and execute the script after autocount.
>
> Thank you
>
> Tasos Terzidis

This seems to be a mystery. Probably need to debug U-Boot and narrow
down what is happening. I assume that the board is reliable.

Regards,
Simon