* [U-Boot] OMAP GPMC Controller U-Boot Class Type
@ 2019-07-13 20:44 Adam Ford
From: Adam Ford @ 2019-07-13 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I was curious to know if there is a recommendation for for what class
should be used for the OMAP3's general purpose memory controller.  It
it a bus that is memory addressed with chip selects for various parts
and has a variety of registers setup to determine the timings for the
communication.  Several OMAP3 devices use this bus for the NAND and
NOR addressing as well as Ethernet.

I'm considering adding some code to read the timings from the device
tree to change the GPMC bus timings to match.  The U-Boot defaults
work, but I think they are a bit conservative, and I'd like to
optimize the performance.

Thanks,

adam

* [U-Boot] OMAP GPMC Controller U-Boot Class Type
@ 2019-08-13  9:34 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2019-08-13  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Adam,

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 at 14:44, Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was curious to know if there is a recommendation for for what class
> should be used for the OMAP3's general purpose memory controller.  It
> it a bus that is memory addressed with chip selects for various parts
> and has a variety of registers setup to determine the timings for the
> communication.  Several OMAP3 devices use this bus for the NAND and
> NOR addressing as well as Ethernet.
>
> I'm considering adding some code to read the timings from the device
> tree to change the GPMC bus timings to match.  The U-Boot defaults
> work, but I think they are a bit conservative, and I'd like to
> optimize the performance.

Could you use UCLASS_RAM and add some methods?

Regards,
Simon