* make mrproper deletes lib/acpi/dsdt.c
@ 2022-02-04 10:10 Marcel Ziswiler
From: Marcel Ziswiler @ 2022-02-04 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sjg; +Cc: u-boot

Hi Simon

Since a few days I noticed the following:

⬢[zim@toolbox u-boot.git]$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.
⬢[zim@toolbox u-boot.git]$ make mrproper
⬢[zim@toolbox u-boot.git]$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git restore <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
	deleted:    lib/acpi/dsdt.c

So somehow cleaning with mrproper deletes that file. Do you know what could be the cause?

Thanks!

Cheers

Marcel

* Re: make mrproper deletes lib/acpi/dsdt.c
@ 2022-02-04 15:34 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2022-02-04 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Ziswiler; +Cc: u-boot

Hi Marcel,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 03:10, Marcel Ziswiler
<marcel.ziswiler@toradex.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon
>
> Since a few days I noticed the following:
>
> ⬢[zim@toolbox u-boot.git]$ git status
> On branch master
> Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.
> ⬢[zim@toolbox u-boot.git]$ make mrproper
> ⬢[zim@toolbox u-boot.git]$ git status
> On branch master
> Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.
>
> Changes not staged for commit:
>   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
>   (use "git restore <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
>         deleted:    lib/acpi/dsdt.c
>
> So somehow cleaning with mrproper deletes that file. Do you know what could be the cause?

Yes it is the

-o -name 'dsdt.c'

in the Makefile 'clean' rule. That file is created during the build in
a board/ directory (e.g. with chromebook_coral) which is why we delete
it. It seems like we need to make a change somewhere.

Regards,
Simon

* Re: make mrproper deletes lib/acpi/dsdt.c
@ 2022-02-16 19:00   ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2022-02-16 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Ziswiler, Heinrich Schuchardt; +Cc: u-boot

+Heinrich Schuchardt who noticed the same thing

We should know the pathname of the generated dsdt.c file so perhaps we
should delete it explicitly?

- Simon