* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-17 17:23 Sébastien Basset
From: Sébastien Basset @ 2017-03-17 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, i have problem for read  mmc on my board with
braswell cpu, i would like test on other board, i have nuc intel with
braswell,is there possible when there is already bios to load uboot ?

else has any chance, I use coreboot + uboot, i would like run kernel on
sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with sdcard. I read cid &
reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus width) of card,
doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in SDMA .i had no
error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?I use coreboot + uboot, i
would like run kernel on sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with
sdcard. I read cid & reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus
width) of card, doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in
SDMA .i had no error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?

Sébastien Basset

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-17 18:14 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-03-17 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

+Bin

Hi Sebastian,

On 17 March 2017 at 11:23, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience, i have problem for read  mmc on my board with braswell cpu, i would like test on other board, i have nuc intel with braswell,is there possible when there is already bios to load uboot ?
>
> else has any chance, I use coreboot + uboot, i would like run kernel on sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with sdcard. I read cid & reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus width) of card, doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in SDMA .i had no error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?I use coreboot + uboot, i would like run kernel on sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with sdcard. I read cid & reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus width) of card, doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in SDMA .i had no error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?

Just to be clear, are you running U-Boot on top of Coreboot?

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-18  8:25   ` Sébastien Basset
From: Sébastien Basset @ 2017-03-18  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

Coreboot load uboot as payload.

Le 17 mars 2017 19:14, "Simon Glass" <sjg@chromium.org> a écrit :

> +Bin
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> On 17 March 2017 at 11:23, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Sorry for the inconvenience, i have problem for read  mmc on my board
> with braswell cpu, i would like test on other board, i have nuc intel with
> braswell,is there possible when there is already bios to load uboot ?
> >
> > else has any chance, I use coreboot + uboot, i would like run kernel on
> sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with sdcard. I read cid &
> reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus width) of card,
> doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in SDMA .i had no
> error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?I use coreboot + uboot, i
> would like run kernel on sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with
> sdcard. I read cid & reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus
> width) of card, doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in
> SDMA .i had no error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?
>
> Just to be clear, are you running U-Boot on top of Coreboot?
>
> Regards,
> Simon

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-22 13:05     ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-03-22 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 18 March 2017 at 02:25, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Coreboot load uboot as payload.

Does the MMC work OK in coreboot?

It is possible to load U-Boot from UEFI if that helps?

- Simon

> Le 17 mars 2017 19:14, "Simon Glass" <sjg@chromium.org> a écrit :
>>
>> +Bin
>>
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> On 17 March 2017 at 11:23, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Sorry for the inconvenience, i have problem for read  mmc on my board
>> > with braswell cpu, i would like test on other board, i have nuc intel with
>> > braswell,is there possible when there is already bios to load uboot ?
>> >
>> > else has any chance, I use coreboot + uboot, i would like run kernel on
>> > sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with sdcard. I read cid &
>> > reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus width) of card,
>> > doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in SDMA .i had no
>> > error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?I use coreboot + uboot, i
>> > would like run kernel on sdmmc, but i have an problem for communicate with
>> > sdcard. I read cid & reference of card but when try read SCR(version & bus
>> > width) of card, doesn't work . For read scr, it's first Transfer mode in
>> > SDMA .i had no error for read data but buffer is empty, why ?
>>
>> Just to be clear, are you running U-Boot on top of Coreboot?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-22 14:20       ` Sébastien Basset
From: Sébastien Basset @ 2017-03-22 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

hi,

i see controller:

       src/soc/intel/braswell/chip.c/enable_dev ( Intel Braswell SoC ),
type: 2
       vendor: 0x8086. device: 0x2296
       class: 0x08 Generic system peripheral
       subclass: 0x05 SD Host controller
       prog: 0x01
       revision: 0x35
       src/soc/intel/braswell/southcluster.c/southcluster_enable_dev (
Intel Braswell SoC )
       PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] ops
       PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] enabled

but i can't test sdcard in coreboot ...

i had intel back on this issue, on braswell 3160 version, it's not possible
of boot on sdcard :
It can be found on page 31 of the Braswell** Design In for The Internet of
Things (IoT) document 555139.

it's very strange !!??

else i try to boot on usb:

I added node in dts file :

        usb at 14,0 {
            reg = <0x000a0000 0 0 0 0>;
            compatible = "xhci-pci";
        };

is there another step for see controller with usb start command ?

Thank you for your information.

> On 18 March 2017 at 02:25, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Coreboot load uboot as payload.
>
> Does the MMC work OK in coreboot?
>
> It is possible to load U-Boot from UEFI if that helps?
>
> - Simon
>

> > Le 17 mars 2017 19:14, "Simon Glass" <sjg@chromium.org> a écrit :
> >>
> >> +Bin
> >>
> >> Hi Sebastian,

> with

> on
> no
> with
> & bus
> in
> >>
> >> Just to be clear, are you running U-Boot on top of Coreboot?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Simon

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-22 16:22         ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-03-22 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 22 March 2017 at 08:20, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i see controller:
>
>        src/soc/intel/braswell/chip.c/enable_dev ( Intel Braswell SoC ),
> type: 2
>        vendor: 0x8086. device: 0x2296
>        class: 0x08 Generic system peripheral
>        subclass: 0x05 SD Host controller
>        prog: 0x01
>        revision: 0x35
>        src/soc/intel/braswell/southcluster.c/southcluster_enable_dev ( Intel
> Braswell SoC )
>        PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] ops
>        PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] enabled
>
> but i can't test sdcard in coreboot ...
>
> i had intel back on this issue, on braswell 3160 version, it's not possible
> of boot on sdcard :
> It can be found on page 31 of the Braswell** Design In for The Internet of
> Things (IoT) document 555139.
>
> it's very strange !!??
>
> else i try to boot on usb:
>
> I added node in dts file :
>
>         usb at 14,0 {
>             reg = <0x000a0000 0 0 0 0>;
>             compatible = "xhci-pci";
>         };
>
> is there another step for see controller with usb start command ?

I thought you said it was MMC...do you mean it is a USB controller
with an USB->MMC device?

Regards,
Simon

> Thank you for your information.

>> Hi,
>>
>> On 18 March 2017 at 02:25, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Coreboot load uboot as payload.
>>
>> Does the MMC work OK in coreboot?
>>
>> It is possible to load U-Boot from UEFI if that helps?
>>
>> - Simon

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-22 16:35           ` Sébastien Basset
From: Sébastien Basset @ 2017-03-22 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

1/ No, As i am stuck on the mmc (pci controller internal soc),
2/ Now i try to boot on usb key, but i don't see controller usb
Sorry, these are two different problems.

> On 22 March 2017 at 08:20, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i see controller:
> >
> >        src/soc/intel/braswell/chip.c/enable_dev ( Intel Braswell SoC ),
> > type: 2
> >        vendor: 0x8086. device: 0x2296
> >        class: 0x08 Generic system peripheral
> >        subclass: 0x05 SD Host controller
> >        prog: 0x01
> >        revision: 0x35
> >        src/soc/intel/braswell/southcluster.c/southcluster_enable_dev (
> Intel
> > Braswell SoC )
> >        PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] ops
> >        PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] enabled
> >
> > but i can't test sdcard in coreboot ...
> >
> > i had intel back on this issue, on braswell 3160 version, it's not
> possible
> > of boot on sdcard :
> > It can be found on page 31 of the Braswell** Design In for The Internet
> of
> > Things (IoT) document 555139.
> >
> > it's very strange !!??
> >
> > else i try to boot on usb:
> >
> > I added node in dts file :
> >
> >         usb at 14,0 {
> >             reg = <0x000a0000 0 0 0 0>;
> >             compatible = "xhci-pci";
> >         };
> >
> > is there another step for see controller with usb start command ?
>
> I thought you said it was MMC...do you mean it is a USB controller
> with an USB->MMC device?
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>

> > Thank you for your information.

> >> Hi,

> >> Does the MMC work OK in coreboot?
> >>
> >> It is possible to load U-Boot from UEFI if that helps?
> >>
> >> - Simon

> board
> intel
> uboot ?

> kernel
> cid
> card,
> had
> uboot,
> communicate
> SCR(version
> mode

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-23  2:19             ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-03-23  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 22 March 2017 at 10:35, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
> 1/ No, As i am stuck on the mmc (pci controller internal soc),
> 2/ Now i try to boot on usb key, but i don't see controller usb
> Sorry, these are two different problems.

It is better to post at the bottom that the top, for mailing lists.

I think PCI XHCI has some problems. I'm not sure of its status.

MMC seems to work well on Minnowboard Max (baytrail) but I am not sure
about braswell. Is it perhaps a slightly different chip?

Regards,
Simon

>> Hi,
>>
>> On 22 March 2017 at 08:20, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i see controller:
>> >
>> >        src/soc/intel/braswell/chip.c/enable_dev ( Intel Braswell SoC ),
>> > type: 2
>> >        vendor: 0x8086. device: 0x2296
>> >        class: 0x08 Generic system peripheral
>> >        subclass: 0x05 SD Host controller
>> >        prog: 0x01
>> >        revision: 0x35
>> >        src/soc/intel/braswell/southcluster.c/southcluster_enable_dev (
>> > Intel
>> > Braswell SoC )
>> >        PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] ops
>> >        PCI: 00:12.0 [8086/2296] enabled
>> >
>> > but i can't test sdcard in coreboot ...
>> >
>> > i had intel back on this issue, on braswell 3160 version, it's not
>> > possible
>> > of boot on sdcard :
>> > It can be found on page 31 of the Braswell** Design In for The Internet
>> > of
>> > Things (IoT) document 555139.
>> >
>> > it's very strange !!??
>> >
>> > else i try to boot on usb:
>> >
>> > I added node in dts file :
>> >
>> >         usb at 14,0 {
>> >             reg = <0x000a0000 0 0 0 0>;
>> >             compatible = "xhci-pci";
>> >         };
>> >
>> > is there another step for see controller with usb start command ?
>>
>> I thought you said it was MMC...do you mean it is a USB controller
>> with an USB->MMC device?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>

>> > Thank you for your information.

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-23 18:36               ` Sébastien Basset
From: Sébastien Basset @ 2017-03-23 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> On 22 March 2017 at 10:35, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
> > 1/ No, As i am stuck on the mmc (pci controller internal soc),
> > 2/ Now i try to boot on usb key, but i don't see controller usb
> > Sorry, these are two different problems.
>
> It is better to post at the bottom that the top, for mailing lists.
>
> I think PCI XHCI has some problems. I'm not sure of its status.
>
> MMC seems to work well on Minnowboard Max (baytrail) but I am not sure
> about braswell. Is it perhaps a slightly different chip?
>
> Regards,
> Simon

For PCI XHCI, i see controller usb and root hub, but cannot reset port:

portstatus 711, change 0, 5 Gb/s
STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
Cannot enable port 10 after 5 retries, disabling port.
Maybe the USB cable is bad?
cannot reset port 10!?

do you have an idea,why reset port is break down ?

For MMC, braswell n3160 is dedicated for embedded iot, maybe for security.

* [U-Boot] uboot information
@ 2017-03-23 18:37                 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2017-03-23 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 23 March 2017 at 12:36, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> On 22 March 2017 at 10:35, Sébastien Basset <sbasset@aviwest.com> wrote:
>> > 1/ No, As i am stuck on the mmc (pci controller internal soc),
>> > 2/ Now i try to boot on usb key, but i don't see controller usb
>> > Sorry, these are two different problems.
>>
>> It is better to post at the bottom that the top, for mailing lists.
>>
>> I think PCI XHCI has some problems. I'm not sure of its status.
>>
>> MMC seems to work well on Minnowboard Max (baytrail) but I am not sure
>> about braswell. Is it perhaps a slightly different chip?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>>

> For PCI XHCI, i see controller usb and root hub, but cannot reset port:
>
> portstatus 711, change 0, 5 Gb/s
> STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
> portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
> STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
> portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
> STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
> portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
> STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
> portstatus 711, change 10, 5 Gb/s
> STAT_C_CONNECTION = 0 STAT_CONNECTION = 1  USB_PORT_STAT_ENABLE 0
> Cannot enable port 10 after 5 retries, disabling port.
> Maybe the USB cable is bad?
> cannot reset port 10!?
>
> do you have an idea,why reset port is break down ?

No I am not sure. It could possibly be a driver problem, or perhaps
the port is not enabled in the FSP config?

> For MMC, braswell n3160 is dedicated for embedded iot, maybe for security.

Do you mean that you cannot use MMC on this chip?

Regards,
Simon