* [U-Boot] AES128 in U-Boot
@ 2011-12-15  7:30 Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2011-12-15  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

I am wanting to add an AES encryption library to U-Boot. I suppose it
should be written in C, with small compiled code/data size (rather
than high performance), GPL and fairly easy to read.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] AES128 in U-Boot
@ 2011-12-15 10:47 ` Matthias Weißer
From: Matthias Weißer @ 2011-12-15 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Am 15.12.2011 08:30, schrieb Simon Glass:
> Hi,
>
> I am wanting to add an AES encryption library to U-Boot. I suppose it
> should be written in C, with small compiled code/data size (rather
> than high performance), GPL and fairly easy to read.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Take a look at libtomcrypt ->
http://libtom.org/?page=features&whatfile=crypt

Matthias

* [U-Boot] AES128 in U-Boot
@ 2011-12-15 19:29 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2011-12-15 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thursday 15 December 2011 02:30:40 Simon Glass wrote:
> I am wanting to add an AES encryption library to U-Boot. I suppose it
> should be written in C, with small compiled code/data size (rather
> than high performance), GPL and fairly easy to read.

just has to be GPL compatible

as Matthias already said, libtomcrypt would probably be a good starting point.
after that, it'd be see if the BSD's have done anything.
-mike
> On Thursday 15 December 2011 02:30:40 Simon Glass wrote:
>> I am wanting to add an AES encryption library to U-Boot. I suppose it
>> should be written in C, with small compiled code/data size (rather
>> than high performance), GPL and fairly easy to read.
>
> just has to be GPL compatible
>
> as Matthias already said, libtomcrypt would probably be a good starting point.
> after that, it'd be see if the BSD's have done anything.
> -mike

Thanks to both of you.

libtomcrypt has one but code size is about 10KB for me. I have a
public domain one from karl malbrain, malbrain at yahoo.com which is half
the size. Can we use public domain code? It seems incompatible with
the restrictions in the GPL, but I do see public domain code in
U-Boot.

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] AES128 in U-Boot
@ 2012-01-05 23:07     ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2012-01-05 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wednesday 21 December 2011 15:12:20 Simon Glass wrote:
> Can we use public domain code? It seems incompatible with
> the restrictions in the GPL

how so ?  public domain (by its definition) has no copyright or license to
worry about.  so you literally could (legally) do whatever you want with it.
thus it's fine for adding to u-boot.
-mike
> On Wednesday 21 December 2011 15:12:20 Simon Glass wrote:
>> Can we use public domain code? It seems incompatible with
>> the restrictions in the GPL
>
> how so ? ?public domain (by its definition) has no copyright or license to
> worry about. ?so you literally could (legally) do whatever you want with it.
> thus it's fine for adding to u-boot.
> -mike

OK that's fine then, thanks.

Regards,