* Inclusive Language Proposal for YP/OE folllow-up
@ 2022-02-04  2:31 Jon Mason
From: Jon Mason @ 2022-02-04  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer,
	OpenEmbedded Devel List, openembedded-architecture,
	bitbake-devel

This is a follow up to the Inclusive Language email I sent out on
January 24 (see
https://lore.kernel.org/yocto/CAPoiz9wL16OTzxNHdw_5-L72GOHkhhM0--WZF7An071cx6sr_A@mail.gmail.com/).
I'm adding a couple of additional mailing lists to this email that
were not on the original distribution, in case there are developers
for those areas which didn't see the original email.

I really appreciate the positive feedback received on this.  I've
updated the wiki with the suggested changes by Ross (acked by Randy)
and Mikko, and extrapolated that to be the following list:

CVE_CHECK_PN_WHITELIST ->
CVE_CHECK_SKIPRECIPE ->
CVE_CHECK_SKIP_RECIPE

CVE_CHECK_WHITELIST ->
CVE_CHECK_IGNORECVE ->
CVE_CHECK_IGNORE

INHERIT_BLACKLIST ->
INHERIT_RECIPESKIP ->
INHERIT_RECIPE_SKIP

SDK_LOCAL_CONF_BLACKLIST ->
ESDK_LOCALCONF_REMOVE ->
ESDK_LOCAL_CONF_REMOVE

If anyone wants to nack the changes above, please let me know (or
modify https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Inclusive_language).
Similarly, I've added all of the proposed names to the "approved name"
column.

On the same wiki, I've changed the tables to now have a volunteer
developer column (from the "Assigned Developer" name) to make it more
clear that we need help in doing these tasks.  If there is anything
you are interested in, please feel free to put your name down there
and have at it.

Thanks,
Jon

* Re: [Openembedded-architecture] Inclusive Language Proposal for YP/OE folllow-up
@ 2022-02-04  2:56 ` Tim Orling
From: Tim Orling @ 2022-02-04  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Mason
  Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List,
	Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer, bitbake-devel,
	openembedded-architecture, yocto