* Zaius can use a backport of pmbus device support
@ 2017-03-07  0:25 Peter Hanson
From: Peter Hanson @ 2017-03-07  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Device support added to 4.9 can be used to support the Zaius power brick.

The relevant commit is cc00decf0e280953e9067e938ad331f93bda8b40
also available as https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9245427/

Tested the patch - it works. Suggesting to backport that commit.

Of course, pulling ahead to 4.10 would work too...

* Re: Zaius can use a backport of pmbus device support
@ 2017-03-07  1:21 ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2017-03-07  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Hanson; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the project!

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Peter Hanson <peterh@google.com> wrote:
> Device support added to 4.9 can be used to support the Zaius power brick.
>
> The relevant commit is cc00decf0e280953e9067e938ad331f93bda8b40
> also available as https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9245427/
>
> Tested the patch - it works. Suggesting to backport that commit.
>
> Of course, pulling ahead to 4.10 would work too...

I've started testing a 4.10 tree. We're looking good on the ast2400,
and I will do some ast2500 testing over the coming days.

I'd put a tentative ETA on switching of next week. I'll let you decide
if you want to do the backport now, or if you can wait until we rebase
on 4.10.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: Zaius can use a backport of pmbus device support
@ 2017-03-07  1:37   ` Peter Hanson
From: Peter Hanson @ 2017-03-07  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Yes, I first noticed it in Linus' 4.10 tree, so that should cover it.

Was advised by yuenn to create https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/1260
but I agree: at this point, it may be just another reason to keep up with head.