* Add ALSA UCM support for Pinebook Pro's audio
@ 2021-10-12  6:08 Jian-Hong Pan
From: Jian-Hong Pan @ 2021-10-12  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela, Dan Johansen; +Cc: alsa-devel, linux

Hi,

I prepared the pull request "ucm2: Add UCM support for rockchip_es8316 on
Pinebook Pro" [1] to enable Pinebook Pro's audio generically.
Also, the corresponding validator pull request "ucm-validator: Upload
rockchip_es8316's dummy json and alsa-info" [2].

The original information comes from Manjaro ARM's
pinebookpro-post-install's asound.state [3] and pinebookpro-audio's
audio_jack_plugged_in.sh [4].

To make it available on most distros, I transfer the asound.state and the
shell script into ALSA UCM conf.

It will be appreciated if someone can review the pull requests and give
some feedback.

[1]: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/112
[2]: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-tests/pull/22
[3]:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/packages/community/pinebookpro-post-install/-/blob/4b4206c57b21044bf9c00848bd1f8b6f710d19eb/asound.state
[4]:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/packages/community/pinebookpro-audio/-/blob/1f567db09495acc3beb5405c9ef85c3c07b86785/audio_jack_plugged_in.sh

Jian-Hong Pan

* Re: Add ALSA UCM support for Pinebook Pro's audio
@ 2021-10-12  6:48 ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2021-10-12  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jian-Hong Pan, Dan Johansen; +Cc: alsa-devel, linux

On 12. 10. 21 8:08, Jian-Hong Pan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I prepared the pull request "ucm2: Add UCM support for rockchip_es8316 on
> Pinebook Pro" [1] to enable Pinebook Pro's audio generically.
> Also, the corresponding validator pull request "ucm-validator: Upload
> rockchip_es8316's dummy json and alsa-info" [2].
>
> The original information comes from Manjaro ARM's pinebookpro-post-install's
> asound.state [3] and pinebookpro-audio's audio_jack_plugged_in.sh [4].
>
> To make it available on most distros, I transfer the asound.state and the
> shell script into ALSA UCM conf.
>
> It will be appreciated if someone can review the pull requests and give some
> feedback.

Thank you for your ping. I made the first review.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

* Re: Add ALSA UCM support for Pinebook Pro's audio
@ 2021-10-12  8:35 ` Dan Johansen
From: Dan Johansen @ 2021-10-12  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jian-Hong Pan, Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: alsa-devel, linux

Thanks for doing this.

I am so glad someone is making an effort to get it upstream! Our
(Manjaro ARM) solution is a pretty hacky way of doing it.

--
Kind regards
*Dan Johansen*