* git svn problem
@ 2012-02-10 18:15 Serhat Sevki Dincer
From: Serhat Sevki Dincer @ 2012-02-10 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I am using git-svn (1.7.4.1-3 on ubuntu) to get a project. It has two
svn repositories, apparently disjoint. First half is at
http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.locales, and the continuation
at http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/plone.app.locales
How can i get a nice linear git-svn repository? the second one is the
new location of the project. I am only interested in the trunks btw.

Thanks..

* Re: git svn problem
@ 2012-02-10 21:21 ` Sam Vilain
From: Sam Vilain @ 2012-02-10 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serhat Sevki Dincer; +Cc: git

On 2/10/12 10:15 AM, Serhat Sevki Dincer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using git-svn (1.7.4.1-3 on ubuntu) to get a project. It has two
> svn repositories, apparently disjoint. First half is at
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.locales, and the continuation
> at http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/plone.app.locales
> How can i get a nice linear git-svn repository? the second one is the
> new location of the project. I am only interested in the trunks btw.

Import them separately to different git-svn remotes, and once they are
in the same repository you can graft them together using
.git/info/grafts (see man gitrepository-layout).  Once it looks right
(check using 'gitk' etc), make it permanent using git filter-branch.
You'll also want to remove the .git/svn directory, and re–run 'git svn
fetch' so that git svn's revision database is recomputed.  Don't forget
the -A option to 'git svn fetch'!

Good luck,
Sam

* Re: git svn problem
@ 2012-02-11  0:52   ` Serhat Sevki Dincer
From: Serhat Sevki Dincer @ 2012-02-11  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Vilain; +Cc: git

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Sam Vilain <sam@vilain.net> wrote:
> Import them separately to different git-svn remotes, and once they are in
> the same repository you can graft them together using .git/info/grafts (see
> man gitrepository-layout).  Once it looks right (check using 'gitk' etc),
> make it permanent using git filter-branch. You'll also want to remove the
> .git/svn directory, and re–run 'git svn fetch' so that git svn's revision
> database is recomputed.  Don't forget the -A option to 'git svn fetch'!

That sounds too complicated. There should be an easier way (i hope:)
I have the following at the moment:

rm -rf plone.app.locales ; mkdir plone.app.locales ; cd plone.app.locales
git svn init -T trunk http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.locales
touch start ; git add start ; git commit -m start
git svn fetch -r49624:HEAD
git rebase --onto master --root trunk --preserve-merges
git checkout -b plone

plone branch looks good, now I would like to do the same with
collective/plone.app.locales. I tried a couple of things but ended up
getting errors like:

Rebuilding .git/svn/refs/remotes/trunk/.rev_map.db7f04ef-aaf3-0310-a811-c281ed44c4ad
Done rebuilding
.git/svn/refs/remotes/trunk/.rev_map.db7f04ef-aaf3-0310-a811-c281ed44c4ad
RA layer request failed: REPORT of '/svn/collective/!svn/vcc/default':
Could not read chunk size: connection was closed by server
(http://svn.plone.org) at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 5131

Is there some way around these errors?

Thanks..
Serhat

* Re: git svn problem
@ 2012-02-11 10:19     ` Serhat Sevki Dincer
From: Serhat Sevki Dincer @ 2012-02-11 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Ok, I figured out the rest, in case someone needs it:

> I have the following at the moment:
>
> rm -rf plone.app.locales ; mkdir plone.app.locales ; cd plone.app.locales
> git svn init -T trunk http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.locales
> touch start ; git add start ; git commit -m start
> git svn fetch -r49624:HEAD
> git rebase --onto master --root trunk --preserve-merges
> git checkout -b plone

# edit .git/config: s#/plone/#/collective/#  s#remotes/trunk#remotes/trunkcol#

git checkout master
git svn fetch -r248302:HEAD
git rebase --onto plone --root trunkcol --preserve-merges
git checkout -b collective
git branch -d master plone

* git svn problem
@ 2010-07-15 11:00 Luis Gutierrez
From: Luis Gutierrez @ 2010-07-15 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I did the usual google search, wiki  and mail list search looking for an
answer, but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying to use git svn to interact with (surprise) and SVN
repository.
git svn clone <url> does the trick in getting a copy of the repo.
However, there are a couple of misbehaving sym links that git-index does
not know how to handle.

Doing a git-svn-rebase or a git-stash will result in this error:

> git stash
Saved working directory and index state WIP on master: 919e091 L2C:
added X-checking assertions and l2c->RAM interface properties.
error: git checkout-index: unable to create symlink < path to file>
(File name too long)
error: git checkout-index: unable to create symlink < path to file >
<filename> (File name too long)
fatal: Could not reset index file to revision 'HEAD'.

As far as I can tell, the symlink was full-path symlink (instead of the
usual relative path) done by someone thousand of svn commits ago.

I've tried with both a full history import, and a shallow (the last 10
commits) import and in both cases I'm stuck with this files.

Now, I can't really replace this file with the svn one because on a
git-svn-dcommit it will try to replace it.

As you can imagine, this is killing all the fun.

Any ideas on what to do?
I would really love to use git instead of SVN for development, but I'll
settle for using just to browse the history and changes.

Regards,

Luis Gutierrez
--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.

* git svn problem
@ 2010-01-13 17:20 Julien POTIRON
From: Julien POTIRON @ 2010-01-13 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello, I have a problem with git.

Basically, here is what I have. I access a svn repository through git.
Until now, on python files, everything worked fine.

But lately I also added some pyd, dll and lib files on the repository. THe
first update went well. But then, these files have been modified and since
then I can't update. These files were added from a windows computer with
TortoiseSvn on the svn repository.

If I do a git svn rebase on linux, everything works fine.

If I do a git svn rebase on windows with msysgit (and also tortoisegit), I
have the following error : fatal: write error: Invalid argument

If I do a git svn rebase on windows with cygwin, I have the following
error : didn't find newline after blob at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10/Git.pm line 916

I tried several stuff (autocrlf true/false, safecrlf true/false), adding
.gitattributes file with the following line *.* -crlf -diff -merge and
nothing worked.

I'm a little stuck here so any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.