* Max Message Size For AIO calls
@ 2012-09-26 22:28 Ian Pye
From: Ian Pye @ 2012-09-26 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi,

I'm periodically getting librados aio_operate() calls to fail on me
and return a code of -90: Message too long. Does anyone know how long
is too long of a message here?

Thanks,

Ian

* Re: Max Message Size For AIO calls
@ 2012-09-26 22:38 ` Noah Watkins
From: Noah Watkins @ 2012-09-26 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Pye; +Cc: ceph-devel

Looks like this here is the relevant config option:

    osd_max_write_size which has a default value of 90 megabytes
(adjusted below with the << 20) in my tree

In osd/OSD.cc:

    // too big?
     if (g_conf->osd_max_write_size &&
         m->get_data_len() > g_conf->osd_max_write_size << 20) {
       // journal can't hold commit!
       service.reply_op_error(op, -OSD_WRITETOOBIG);
       return;
  }

- Noah