* PERF PARAMETERS
@ 2014-08-27  3:21 Jessica Foest
From: Jessica Foest @ 2014-08-27  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev, lttng-dev-request

Hi

i tried to retrieve system calls traces with all perf context parameters .
the problem is that only a few PERF counters are activated and lttng fails
to activate  the other perf context parameters.
how can i solve it ?

regards

* Re: PERF PARAMETERS
       [not found] ` <53FE15C0.1010004@efficios.com>
@ 2014-08-27 19:53   ` Jessica Foest
From: Jessica Foest @ 2014-08-27 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Desfossez; +Cc: lttng-dev

Thanks :)

> On 14-08-26 11:21 PM, Jessica Foest wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > i tried to retrieve system calls traces with all perf context parameters
> > . the problem is that only a few PERF counters are activated and lttng
> > fails to activate  the other perf context parameters.
> > how can i solve it ?
>
> There is a hardware limit on the number perf PMU counters that can be
> activated at the same time. It depends on the CPU and if you are on a
> virtual machine.
> If I remember correctly it is 3 or 4 on the i7.
>
> Julien

* Re: PERF PARAMETERS
       [not found] <CAPxN80B=S_dYb5kn_UA-sDyOZiMySrsvkWVtg5fDgdLd2V9z2Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-08-27 17:30 ` Julien Desfossez
       [not found] ` <53FE15C0.1010004@efficios.com>
From: Julien Desfossez @ 2014-08-27 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jessica Foest, lttng-dev

Hi,

@ 2014-08-27 13:31 ` Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
       [not found] ` <53FE15C0.1010004@efficios.com>
From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien @ 2014-08-27 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev

Hi Jessica,

When you say " lttng fails to activate" is it on the lttng add-context command or after looking at the trace ?

Can you give us the output from "lttng version"?

If possible can you send the complete sequence of action?

Thanks