* OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-07-30 16:58 Ruslan Bilovol
From: Ruslan Bilovol @ 2019-07-30 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hi all,

Is there any plan to hold an OpenEmbedded developer meting
in Lyon, France around this year's ELCE 2019 (October 28-30)?

I see that OEDEM 2019 page isn't created yet and I didn't find
any news in mailing lists yet:
https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2019

Thanks,
Ruslan

* Re: OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-07-30 17:33 ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2019-07-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruslan Bilovol, openembedded-core

We are working with the Yocto Project on a two day Summit event. This
should implement part of the ideas from the the last couple of developer
meetings.

Philip

On 07/30/2019 12:58 PM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any plan to hold an OpenEmbedded developer meting
> in Lyon, France around this year's ELCE 2019 (October 28-30)?
>
> I see that OEDEM 2019 page isn't created yet and I didn't find
> any news in mailing lists yet:
> https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2019
>
> Thanks,
> Ruslan

* Re: OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-07-31  9:48   ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2019-07-31  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister; +Cc: openembedded-core

BTW, Is there anything for Embedded Recipes or Plumbers?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 7:33 PM Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:

> We are working with the Yocto Project on a two day Summit event. This
> should implement part of the ideas from the the last couple of developer
> meetings.
>
> Philip
>
> On 07/30/2019 12:58 PM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there any plan to hold an OpenEmbedded developer meting
> > in Lyon, France around this year's ELCE 2019 (October 28-30)?
> >
> > I see that OEDEM 2019 page isn't created yet and I didn't find
> > any news in mailing lists yet:
> > https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2019
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruslan

Ricardo Ribalda

* Re: OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-07-31 16:45     ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2019-07-31 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 07/31/2019 05:48 AM, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> BTW, Is there anything for Embedded Recipes or Plumbers?

No. But we are always interested in improving communication with the
larger community. Any suggestions what you would like to see at events
like these?

Philip

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 7:33 PM Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
>>
>> We are working with the Yocto Project on a two day Summit event. This
>> should implement part of the ideas from the the last couple of developer
>> meetings.
>>
>> Philip
>>
>> On 07/30/2019 12:58 PM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is there any plan to hold an OpenEmbedded developer meting
>>> in Lyon, France around this year's ELCE 2019 (October 28-30)?
>>>
>>> I see that OEDEM 2019 page isn't created yet and I didn't find
>>> any news in mailing lists yet:
>>> https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2019
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ruslan
>>>
>> --

* Re: OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-07-31 17:47       ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2019-07-31 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister; +Cc: openembedded-core

If there are enough people interested it would be great a BoF, even if
it is "unofficial"

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 6:45 PM Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:

> On 07/31/2019 05:48 AM, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> > BTW, Is there anything for Embedded Recipes or Plumbers?
>
> No. But we are always interested in improving communication with the
> larger community. Any suggestions what you would like to see at events
> like these?
>
> Philip
>

> > On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 7:33 PM Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> We are working with the Yocto Project on a two day Summit event. This
> >> should implement part of the ideas from the the last couple of developer
> >> meetings.
> >>
> >> Philip

> >> --

Ricardo Ribalda

* Re: OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-09-03 15:37   ` Ruslan Bilovol
From: Ruslan Bilovol @ 2019-09-03 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister; +Cc: openembedded-core

Hi Philip,

I can see now this event in the list of ELCE co-located events.
Is day 2 track track 2 (Yocto Project and OE maintainers meeting)
restricted to attend to mainatainers only, or regular OE developers
can also join?

Thanks,
Ruslan

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 8:33 PM Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:

> We are working with the Yocto Project on a two day Summit event. This
> should implement part of the ideas from the the last couple of developer
> meetings.
>
> Philip
>
> On 07/30/2019 12:58 PM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there any plan to hold an OpenEmbedded developer meting
> > in Lyon, France around this year's ELCE 2019 (October 28-30)?
> >
> > I see that OEDEM 2019 page isn't created yet and I didn't find
> > any news in mailing lists yet:
> > https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2019
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruslan

* Re: OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-09-04  3:19     ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2019-09-04  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruslan Bilovol, Philip Balister; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 9/3/19 8:37 AM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> I can see now this event in the list of ELCE co-located events.
> Is day 2 track track 2 (Yocto Project and OE maintainers meeting)
> restricted to attend to mainatainers only, or regular OE developers
> can also join?
Anyone can signup.  This is related to the Yocto summit email that got
sent out a few weeks ago.

- armin

> Thanks,
> Ruslan
>
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 8:33 PM Philip Balister <philip@balister.org> wrote:
>> We are working with the Yocto Project on a two day Summit event. This
>> should implement part of the ideas from the the last couple of developer
>> meetings.
>>
>> Philip
>>
>> On 07/30/2019 12:58 PM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is there any plan to hold an OpenEmbedded developer meting
>>> in Lyon, France around this year's ELCE 2019 (October 28-30)?
>>>
>>> I see that OEDEM 2019 page isn't created yet and I didn't find
>>> any news in mailing lists yet:
>>> https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2019
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ruslan

* Re: OEDEM 2019
@ 2019-09-05 21:52       ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2019-09-05 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808, Ruslan Bilovol; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 9/3/19 11:19 PM, akuster808 wrote:

> On 9/3/19 8:37 AM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
>> Hi Philip,
>>
>> I can see now this event in the list of ELCE co-located events.
>> Is day 2 track track 2 (Yocto Project and OE maintainers meeting)
>> restricted to attend to mainatainers only, or regular OE developers
>> can also join?
> Anyone can signup.  This is related to the Yocto summit email that got
> sent out a few weeks ago.

Just to confirm, on day 2 of the Yocto Project Summit, we split the
space into two rooms. One (60 person) is used for workshop/hacking and
the other (40 persons) will be used for something like the normal
OpenEmbedded Developer meetings we are used. We need to people to move
between this and the workshiop, so we will want to try and stick to a
schedule to make sure people know when we talk about certain issues.

I've started on the wiki page: