* Communication interface between Dom0 and DomU
@ 2012-11-06 21:17 eXeC001er
From: eXeC001er @ 2012-11-06 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xen-devel

Hello.

Is it available a communication interface between Dom0 and DomU to get some
parameteres about DomU without connection via ssh?
For example i need to get information about IP addresses that are allocated
in DomU.
I found following mail-thread:

http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/How-to-get-domU-IP-address-td2510278.html

Keir Fraser said about xenstore, but as i understand to use xenstore need
DomU should be started as PV-DomU or not ?

I see that XenServer has xentool, that allow to control DomU and get
information about it, but cannot find any info about the communication
interface, that is used by the tools.

Thanks.

* Re: Communication interface between Dom0 and DomU
@ 2012-11-06 21:39 ` Keir Fraser
From: Keir Fraser @ 2012-11-06 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eXeC001er, Xen-devel

On 06/11/2012 21:17, "eXeC001er" <execooler@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is it available a communication interface between Dom0 and DomU to get some
> parameteres about DomU without connection via ssh?
> For example i need to get information about IP addresses that are allocated in
> DomU.
> I found following mail-thread:
>
> http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/How-to-get-domU-IP-address-td2510278.html
>

> Keir Fraser said about xenstore, but as i understand to use xenstore need DomU
> should be started as PV-DomU or not ?

I believe that an HVM Linux guest with PV drivers should also be able to use
the xenstore command-line tools. I'm not 100% sure on that though.