* DiskOnChip
@ 2003-06-22 14:45 Pierre-Emmanuel Brinette
From: Pierre-Emmanuel Brinette @ 2003-06-22 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-8086

Hello,

  I have and DiskOnChip2000 8Mo. According to M-System, this chip is
compatible with 8/16/32 bits PC architecture. I would like to use it on an
XT.

My question is : Does ELKS support DiskOnChip ?

Thank you.

Regards.

Pierre-Emmanuel Brinette.

* Re: DiskOnChip
@ 2003-06-23  9:39 ` David Given
From: David Given @ 2003-06-23  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-8086

* DiskOnChip
@ 2007-01-02 13:14 Nathan Edson
From: Nathan Edson @ 2007-01-02 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hello!

I'm trying to get a diskonchip2000 mounted and
working...

I have a couple Wyse Winterm thin clients with
96mb DOC's.  I'm booting them off the network
using Knoppix.  They don't have any other drives.
So far, I've tried:

modprobe doc2000
modprboe docprobe

After doing docprobe I get an error that the device
is temporarily unvailable.  When I dmesg I see
that the device has been identified.  I've tried mknod
and then mounting the chips with no success.

The knoppix disc I'm using uses kernel 2.6.17.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Nathan

* DiskonChip
@ 2006-12-27 17:52 mike
From: mike @ 2006-12-27 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

I have upgraded my kernel from 2.4 to 2.6.19 and I'm struggling to
get access to my DiskonChip which is in FAT12/MSDOS format

Under 2.4 I used to simply

modprobe -a ntfl
insmod nand_ids
mount /dev/nftla1

This would load up the following modules - mtdcore, ntfl, nand_ids,
docprobe, docecc, doc2000, and then I could read/write to the DOC

That no longer works. How exactly am I supposed to access my DiskonChip with
the new drivers (or the old deprecated doc2000 driver).

I used to also have devices called ntfla1 etc, but udev removes these
when it starts running.

Thanks (and Happy New Year)

* DiskOnChip
@ 2002-09-11 15:22 Roger Collins
From: Roger Collins @ 2002-09-11 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Is it feasible to use dosemu with DiskOnChip and the DOS DOC utilities from
M-Systems like GETIMAGE and PUTIMAGE?  I presume these utilities use direct I/O,
maybe supervisor mode (ring 0?) or such, but I'm not sure.

I've exhausted my research ability on this question.  Please help! :)

Thanks,
Roger

--
Embedded Linux consultant by day, webmaster by night...
http://www.Watchit.us