* Re: [Fuego] [LTSI-dev] First post, LTSI TEST questions
       [not found] <7BDE12F6-4D40-427D-81A2-D2C777830EEB@zonoff.com>
@ 2016-09-21  0:23 ` Bird, Timothy
       [not found]   ` <67409C58-08EA-49DA-AF5E-C6F8DB8E3953@zonoff.com>
From: Bird, Timothy @ 2016-09-21  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Crawford; +Cc: ltsi-dev, fuego

Unfortunately, no.  Each test is supposed to come with a description field
filled in (in it's config.xml file).  But I was recently examining them, and the
descriptions are often missing, and sometimes quite minimal.  IMHO this is
something we should really fix up.

One feature I'd like to add to the command line tool (which is under construction
at the moment) is the ability to list the descriptions in a kind-of catalog form,
so people can peruse these more easily.

And finally, I'm hoping in the very long term to put each test in it's own package,
and have such information easily accessible via a standard package manager tool.

Sorry - I know this doesn't help you in your evaluation in the short term.

> Thanks very much in advance!

Thanks for taking the time to evaluate the tool.  As we receive feedback from people
it helps us prioritize the things we're working on.
 -- Tim

@ 2016-09-21 23:33     ` Bird, Timothy
From: Bird, Timothy @ 2016-09-21 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Crawford; +Cc: ltsi-dev, fuego

The tests consist of multiple files, but the main "base script" for each test, which
is the one that builds the source, deploys it to target, executes it and collects
and analyses the result is in each test's "home" directory under /home/jenkins/tests
(inside the container).

So, for example, the base script for bonnie is in /home/Jenkins/tests/Benchmark.bonnie,
and is called bonnie++.sh

See http://bird.org/fuego/Adding_a_test#Files for a description of the different files
that are part of a test definition, and where they are in the system (inside the container).

Because there are symlinks, you can find the files via multiple paths:
/home/jenkins/tests/{test_name}
or
/home/jenkins/fuego/engine/tests/{test_name}

Note that /home/jenkins/fuego corresponds to the git repository fuego-core.
(See https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego-core/)

> I looked around, expecting to find .c or .cpp files within the jaa-public directory
> and the docker volume, no luck.
> Perhaps these come in on a further installation step, but I don’t seem to see that
> happening in
> the steps of the jta document pdf.

It sounds like you're using jta instead of fuego (and an older version of jta at that).
You might want to try using fuego instead, from this repository:
https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego/

I'm not sure how far behind fuego jta is, but jta is deprecated now.
 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] [LTSI-dev] First post, LTSI TEST questions
@ 2016-09-22 12:01       ` Doug Crawford
From: Doug Crawford @ 2016-09-22 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bird, Timothy; +Cc: ltsi-dev, fuego

> On Sep 21, 2016, at 7:33 PM, Bird, Timothy <Tim.Bird@am.sony.com> wrote:

.
.
.
> It sounds like you're using jta instead of fuego (and an older version of jta at that).
> You might want to try using fuego instead, from this repository:
> https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego/
>
> I'm not sure how far behind fuego jta is, but jta is deprecated now.
> -- Tim

OK I’ll start over with Fuego.
Should the  “Download LTSI Test Environment” link on web page http://ltsi.linuxfoundation.org/ltsi-test-project <http://ltsi.linuxfoundation.org/ltsi-test-project>
point to your fuego instead of the JTA version?

-Doug C

* Re: [Fuego] [LTSI-dev] First post, LTSI TEST questions
@ 2016-09-22 14:11       ` Doug Crawford
From: Doug Crawford @ 2016-09-22 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bird, Timothy; +Cc: ltsi-dev, fuego

> It sounds like you're using jta instead of fuego (and an older version of jta at that).
> You might want to try using fuego instead, from this repository:
> https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego/
>
> I'm not sure how far behind fuego jta is, but jta is deprecated now.
> -- Tim

I repeated the install with fuego from the repository and that went great!
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.
The instructions on the repository page were spot on and an improvement on the
Installation section fo fuego-docs.pdf .

So  now have the server up and accessible.
That’s a long way from where I was last week!  :)

The fuego-docs.pdf goes into great detail on creating tests and customizing the system for a new embedded system.
I think I need something a little different-  like a canned configuration for running the package
against something standardized, like a Raspberry Pi 3.
Can you "fast track” me somehow to achieving that?  If so I think I’ll then have what I need to
intelligently evaluate the test suite to our needs.

(Perhaps this is something that would be useful in general- inclusion of one standardized example
like the Pi)

— Doug C.

* Re: [Fuego] [LTSI-dev] First post, LTSI TEST questions
@ 2016-09-22 16:52         ` Bird, Timothy
From: Bird, Timothy @ 2016-09-22 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Crawford; +Cc: ltsi-dev, fuego

Yes, it should.  Sorry about that.  I thought that might be the link you used... :-)
I don't own that page, but I'll try to get it changed.

If anyone from the LTSI project is watching this thread - can you change the link on
http://ltsi.linuxfoundation.org/ltsi-test-project
for the wording:  "Download LTSI Test Environment"
from
https://bitbucket.org/cogentembedded/jta-public/
https://bitbucket.org/tbird20d/fuego
?

As an aside, I'd like to get a pre-built fuego image on docker.com that people can try out
without having to do the initial build.

Thanks,
 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] [LTSI-dev] First post, LTSI TEST questions
@ 2016-09-22 17:45         ` Bird, Timothy
From: Bird, Timothy @ 2016-09-22 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Crawford; +Cc: ltsi-dev, fuego

The only things you can do right now are 1) add a new board, or 2) use
the qemuarm board.  Unfortunately, there's a bug right now that the
pre-installed ARM toolchain doesn't work with the default Ubuntu ARM qemu image.
(Don't ask - it's a long story).

Adding a board shouldn't be too difficult.  Try the instructions at:
http://bird.org/fuego/Adding_a_board

> (Perhaps this is something that would be useful in general- inclusion of one
> standardized example
> like the Pi)

That sounds like a good idea.  The "boards" we currently have in there are not very common.
I do most of my work on a beaglebone black, and maybe I should add that board as one of our examples, since I think it's fairly popular.  Also, adding a raspberry pi would be good.

I don't want the target list to be too cluttered on first install, but it would be good, IMHO to have a few more examples - especially popular ones.

I don't have a raspberry pi.  If you follow the instructions and get one installed, would you mind sending me the files for it?

I would need the following:
/userdata/conf/boards/rasberrypi.board (or whatever you call it)
and
/userdata/conf/config.xml

I assume you are running raspbian on the board?  I assume that's the most popular distro.

Let me know if you can send me something.
 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] [LTSI-dev] First post, LTSI TEST questions
@ 2016-09-22 19:19           ` Doug Crawford
From: Doug Crawford @ 2016-09-22 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bird, Timothy; +Cc: ltsi-dev, fuego