* [SPDK] Re: Using of Compression VBDEV
@ 2021-09-13 14:30 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2021-09-13 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

I can’t remember off the top of my head why that’s not supported, Jim may recall.  I’ll look through the code today and jog my memory though

Thx
Paul

From: Ruslan Laishev <zator(a)yandex.ru>
Date: Monday, September 13, 2021 at 6:50 AM
To: spdk(a)lists.01.org <spdk(a)lists.01.org>
Subject: [SPDK] Re: Using of Compression VBDEV
> I/O type 4 is SPDK_BDEV_IO_TYPE_FLUSH
>
> Looks like Compress vbdev does not support this I/O type

Hello!

Do I'm need to check something in the SPDK (may be configuration option for build?) ? Or this is a problem inspired by the VM's?

* [SPDK] Re: Using of Compression VBDEV
@ 2021-09-14 13:22 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2021-09-14 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Rusian,

As it turns out Monica on the team here in AZ is interested in working on this… look for it over the coming weeks ☺

Thanks
Paul

From: Ruslan Laishev <zator(a)yandex.ru>
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 4:05 AM
To: spdk(a)lists.01.org <spdk(a)lists.01.org>
Hello!

 At this nanosecond I'm not sure about of necessity of this feature in my local project. May be in a near future ...

 Thanks to all for the support and explanation!

 Sincerely yours, Russian/Ruslan. :-)

@ 2021-09-14 11:04 Ruslan Laishev
From: Ruslan Laishev @ 2021-09-14 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

@ 2021-09-13 16:40 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2021-09-13 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Yup yup. Rusian, let us know if you’re interested in working on these….

    From: Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com>
    Date: Monday, September 13, 2021 at 7:31 AM
    To: Storage Performance Development Kit <spdk(a)lists.01.org>

    From: Ruslan Laishev <zator(a)yandex.ru>