* file: fetch fail on missing commit
@ 2017-03-20 11:16 Esponde, Joel
From: Esponde, Joel @ 2017-03-20 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

It seems that the "file" project maintainers have changed the hashes of all commits of their github mirror repository.

A fix has been recently added to the master branch:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/meta/recipes-devtools/file?id=2102b8c9b60438e5d73f3182799297efad4cbcfe

But based on what I see in my machine, all from scratch builds seem to be broken.
My morty and krogoth builds are broken.

Am I alone to have that issue or is it generalized?

Best regards,

Joël Esponde

* Re: file: fetch fail on missing commit
@ 2017-03-20 13:50 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-03-20 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esponde, Joel; +Cc: yocto

On 20 March 2017 at 11:16, Esponde, Joel <Joel.Esponde@honeywell.com> wrote:

> But based on what I see in my machine, all from scratch builds seem to be
> broken.
>
> My morty and krogoth builds are broken.
>

> Am I alone to have that issue or is it generalized?

You're right, and patches are on the list.  Hopefully we can get everything
merged today.

Ross

* Re: file: fetch fail on missing commit
@ 2017-03-20 13:51 ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2017-03-20 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esponde, Joel, yocto

On 20/03/2017 12:16, Esponde, Joel wrote:
> Hi,
>

> It seems that the “file” project maintainers have changed the hashes of
> all commits of their github mirror repository.
>

> A fix has been recently added to the master branch:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/meta/recipes-devtools/file?id=2102b8c9b60438e5d73f3182799297efad4cbcfe
>

> But based on what I see in my machine, all from scratch builds seem to
> be broken.
>
> My morty and krogoth builds are broken.
>

> Am I alone to have that issue or is it generalized?

No, everybody can see this. I sent an e-mail this morning to oe-core,
and the same fix should be done for previous version (5.25 for -krogoth,...)

Regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic@denx.de

* Re: file: fetch fail on missing commit
@ 2017-03-20 16:25   ` Esponde, Joel
From: Esponde, Joel @ 2017-03-20 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
But based on what I see in my machine, all from scratch builds seem to be broken.
My morty and krogoth builds are broken.

Am I alone to have that issue or is it generalized?

You're right, and patches are on the list.  Hopefully we can get everything merged today.

Ross

Great news! Thanks!
Does this mean that new official versions will also be generated?

Joël