* [U-Boot] jffs2 FS flash occupation
@ 2009-11-03  2:46 HeLei
From: HeLei @ 2009-11-03  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi, all

  If I wish to support uImage in jffs2 FS in NAND flash, how many size will be used for JFFS2 FS itself, such as wearing level, GC, JFFS2 INODE header?

  For example, NAND fash size is 32M and uImage is 8M including application and kernel.

Thanks

Leon

MSN????????MSN???????????
http://10.msn.com.cn

* [U-Boot] jffs2 FS flash occupation
@ 2009-11-03 15:18 ` Xiangfu Liu
From: Xiangfu Liu @ 2009-11-03 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

HeLei wrote:
> Hi, all
>

>   If I wish to support uImage in jffs2 FS in NAND flash, how many size will be used for JFFS2 FS itself, such as wearing level, GC, JFFS2 INODE header?

what you mean about uImage? is that kernel?

>   For example, NAND fash size is 32M and uImage is 8M including application and kernel.

I don't understand your question.
"uImage is 8M including application"?
   uImage is the kernel right?
   why there is application ?

--
Xiangfu Liu
Email: xiangfu at qi-hardware dot com

* [U-Boot] jffs2 FS flash occupation
@ 2009-11-04  1:42   ` HeLei
From: HeLei @ 2009-11-04  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:18:22 +0800
> From: xiangfu.z at gmail.com
> To: leon.he at msn.com
> CC: u-boot at lists.denx.de
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] jffs2 FS flash occupation
>
> HeLei wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >

> > If I wish to support uImage in jffs2 FS in NAND flash, how many size will be used for JFFS2 FS itself, such as wearing level, GC, JFFS2 INODE header?
>
> what you mean about uImage? is that kernel?

   uImage is the firmware including both kernel and application.

> > For example, NAND fash size is 32M and uImage is 8M including application and kernel.
> >
> I don't understand your question.
> "uImage is 8M including application"?
> uImage is the kernel right?
> why there is application ?

   In our solution, application and kernel are wrapped into on firmware. I'm not sure it's accurate enought to call it uImage.

   My question is:

   Supposing pure data(kernel and application) is 8M, and NAND flash is 32M, then how many bytes|blocks JFFS2 file system will occupy by itself, such as wearing level, gc algorithm, JFFS2 INODE header... ?

> --
> Xiangfu Liu
> Email: xiangfu at qi-hardware dot com
> Web: http://www.qi-hardware.com