* master build failing
@ 2016-06-13 18:09 Ramesh Chander
From: Ramesh Chander @ 2016-06-13 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel; +Cc: Mark Nelson (mnelson@redhat.com), dl-storm-dev

Getting these linker errors:

/root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
make[3]: *** [ceph_test_objectstore_workloadgen] Error 1
rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function `DumpMallocStats':
/root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
make[3]: *** [ceph_test_objectstore] Error 1
rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function `DumpMallocStats':
/root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
make[3]: *** [ceph_xattr_bench] Error 1
rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function `DumpMallocStats':
/root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
make[3]: *** [ceph_test_filejournal] Error 1

last time Mark did something to fix it.

I tried make clean in rocksdb directory as well, still same error.

-Ramesh Chander
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically stored copies).

* Re: master build failing
@ 2016-06-14  8:30 ` kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2016-06-14  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramesh Chander; +Cc: ceph-devel, Mark Nelson (mnelson@redhat.com), dl-storm-dev

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Ramesh Chander
<Ramesh.Chander@sandisk.com> wrote:
> Getting these linker errors:
>
> /root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
> make[3]: *** [ceph_test_objectstore_workloadgen] Error 1
> rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function `DumpMallocStats':
> /root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
> make[3]: *** [ceph_test_objectstore] Error 1
> rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function `DumpMallocStats':
> /root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
> make[3]: *** [ceph_xattr_bench] Error 1
> rocksdb/librocksdb.a(db_impl.o): In function `DumpMallocStats':
> /root/ram/ram_bkp/ceph/ceph-latest/ceph_unit_issue/src/rocksdb/db/db_impl.cc:583: undefined reference to `malloc_stats_print'
> make[3]: *** [ceph_test_filejournal] Error 1
>
> last time Mark did something to fix it.
>
> I tried make clean in rocksdb directory as well, still same error.

did you uninstall jemalloc after configure or cmake? maybe you can
check the make_config.mk under rocksdb directory? are you using cmake
or automake?

> -Ramesh Chander
> PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically stored copies).

Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: master build failing
@ 2016-06-30 21:05   ` Evgeniy Firsov
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Evgeniy Firsov @ 2016-06-30 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kefu chai, Ramesh Chander
  Cc: ceph-devel, Mark Nelson (mnelson@redhat.com), dl-storm-dev

Same error for me.
This is automake, jemalloc is installed.

On 6/14/16, 1:30 AM, "ceph-devel-owner@vger.kernel.org on behalf of kefu
chai" <ceph-devel-owner@vger.kernel.org on behalf of tchaikov@gmail.com>

@ 2016-06-30 22:04     ` Somnath Roy
From: Somnath Roy @ 2016-06-30 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evgeniy Firsov, kefu chai, Ramesh Chander
  Cc: ceph-devel, Mark Nelson (mnelson@redhat.com), dl-storm-dev

This is happening with jemalloc enabled build and not with tcmalloc. Wondering the jemalloc version we are using supports malloc_stats_print , Ubuntu still ships jemalloc version 3.6..

Thanks & Regards
Somnath

@ 2016-06-30 22:04     ` Mark Nelson
From: Mark Nelson @ 2016-06-30 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evgeniy Firsov, kefu chai, Ramesh Chander; +Cc: ceph-devel, dl-storm-dev

If you are inclined, it's probably worth switching over to cmake at this
point.  I suspect the automake stuff is going to get crufty pretty fast
now that folks are switching over en mass.  I switched a couple of days
ago and after working out a couple of bugs it's working really well.

git clean -fdx
mkdir build; cd build
cmake ..
make -j $(nproc)
sudo make install

Mark

@ 2016-06-30 22:33       ` Dan Mick
From: Dan Mick @ 2016-06-30 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Nelson, Evgeniy Firsov, kefu chai, Ramesh Chander
  Cc: ceph-devel, dl-storm-dev

"do_cmake.sh" can automate some of that

On 06/30/2016 03:04 PM, Mark Nelson wrote:
> If you are inclined, it's probably worth switching over to cmake at this
> point.  I suspect the automake stuff is going to get crufty pretty fast
> now that folks are switching over en mass.  I switched a couple of days
> ago and after working out a couple of bugs it's working really well.
>
> git clean -fdx
> mkdir build; cd build
> cmake ..
> make -j $(nproc)
> sudo make install
>
> Mark
>
> On 06/30/2016 04:05 PM, Evgeniy Firsov wrote:
>> Same error for me.
>> This is automake, jemalloc is installed.
>>
>> On 6/14/16, 1:30 AM, "ceph-devel-owner@vger.kernel.org on behalf of kefu
>> chai" <ceph-devel-owner@vger.kernel.org on behalf of tchaikov@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> did you uninstall jemalloc after configure or cmake? maybe you can
>>> check the make_config.mk under rocksdb directory? are you using cmake
>>> or automake?

>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Kefu Chai
>>> --
>>
>> PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message
>> is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named
>> above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
>> you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error
>> and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
>> message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>> communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or
>> e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies of
>> this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically
>> stored copies).
>> --

* RE: master build failing
@ 2016-07-01  1:42         ` Somnath Roy
From: Somnath Roy @ 2016-07-01  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Mick, Mark Nelson, Evgeniy Firsov, kefu chai, Ramesh Chander
  Cc: ceph-devel, dl-storm-dev

How do I build ceph now with cmake conditionally with tcmalloc/jemalloc/rocksdb etc. ?

@ 2016-07-01  2:41           ` Somnath Roy
From: Somnath Roy @ 2016-07-01  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Mick, Mark Nelson, Evgeniy Firsov, kefu chai, Ramesh Chander
  Cc: ceph-devel

Figured this out..
cmake -D ALLOCATOR=jemalloc ..

Thanks & Regards
Somnath

@ 2016-07-01 15:46     ` Somnath Roy
From: Somnath Roy @ 2016-07-01 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evgeniy Firsov, kefu chai, Ramesh Chander
  Cc: ceph-devel, Mark Nelson (mnelson@redhat.com), dl-storm-dev

EF,
Just checking, ZS_LOG_LEVEL=info will not be logging aggressively ? Shouldn't we give error/warning ?