* linux-next: interesting merge in the zonefs tree
@ 2020-07-22 13:58 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-07-22 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Le Moal

Hi all,

It looks an old version of the block tree has been merged into the
zonefs tree.  Is that deliberate?  Other trees should not be merged unless
they are guaranteed not to be rebased (which is what has happened here).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: interesting merge in the zonefs tree
@ 2020-07-22 14:19 ` Damien Le Moal
From: Damien Le Moal @ 2020-07-22 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On 2020/07/22 22:58, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It looks an old version of the block tree has been merged into the
> zonefs tree.  Is that deliberate?  Other trees should not be merged unless
> they are guaranteed not to be rebased (which is what has happened here).

I must have done something wrong. Patches for zonefs for 5.9 depend on patches
in Jens tree. So I merged Jens for-next tree into zonefs for-5.9 branch as a
base for the new patches. zonefs for-next branch should contain the same, but I
may have screwed up somewhere... Let me check.

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research

* Re: linux-next: interesting merge in the zonefs tree
@ 2020-07-22 14:39 ` Damien Le Moal
From: Damien Le Moal @ 2020-07-22 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On 2020/07/22 22:58, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It looks an old version of the block tree has been merged into the
> zonefs tree.  Is that deliberate?  Other trees should not be merged unless
> they are guaranteed not to be rebased (which is what has happened here).

I rebuild zonefs for-5.9 branch: 5.8-rc6 base + Jens block tree for-5.9/drivers
branch merged on top (not rebased). zonefs for-next branch is now identical to
that. Please let me know if there is still a problem.

Thanks !

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research