* [SPDK] How to run rocksdb over SPDK on host virtio device
@ 2018-09-11 15:15 Mingzhe Hao
From: Mingzhe Hao @ 2018-09-11 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hello,

  I am Mingzhe. Thanks for the reply. Somehow I have not received mail from mailing list, so I have to send the mail directly to you.

  Regarding the question, 'by "host virtio device" you mean rocksdb application run on host or guest'?

We're trying to run rocksdb on top of SPDK against a virtio-blk device in the VM.

Thanks,

Mingzhe

Pasting original email just in case:

I have a virtio device on my host, and I want to run rocksdb over SPDK on it
> (with http://spdk.io/doc/virtio.html probably). However, I cannot find
> detailed instruction on how to do it. Can I get some hints?

* Re: [SPDK] How to run rocksdb over SPDK on host virtio device
@ 2018-09-12 13:00 Wodkowski, PawelX
From: Wodkowski, PawelX @ 2018-09-12 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

I'm not master in RocksDB in SPDK but you should be able to do so.  Both natively (by using the kernel virtio-scsi/virito-blk device) and using SPKD virtio-initiator (with SPDK RocksDB modifications).

You can see test/blobfs/rocksdb.sh file - this is how we run RocksDB + SPKD tests on host but if you change Nvme to Virtio device you should be able to run these tests on VM as well.

Pawel

@ 2018-09-11  9:38 Wodkowski, PawelX
From: Wodkowski, PawelX @ 2018-09-11  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk