* [Fuego] yocto-linux is upload to github
@ 2020-03-18  1:45 Wang, Mingyu
From: Wang, Mingyu @ 2020-03-18  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

Hi Tim,

yocto-linux is upload to github.

Here is the URL of yocto-linux
https://github.com/ubinux/yocto-ubinux

If you have any questions during use, please let us know.

by Wangmy

  --
Best Regards
Wang Mingyu

* Re: [Fuego] yocto-linux is upload to github
@ 2020-03-18 17:24 ` Bird, Tim
From: Bird, Tim @ 2020-03-18 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wang, Mingyu, fuego

I see the architectures supported are:
armv7, x86_64 and x86.

Do you have a recommended dev board for testing this?
(Maybe a beaglebone or a minnow board?)
Is there a specific reference board you use (that is generally
available)?

Thanks,
 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] yocto-linux is upload to github
@ 2020-03-23  2:35   ` Wang, Mingyu
From: Wang, Mingyu @ 2020-03-23  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

Hi Tim,

x86_64 can be installed and used conveniently.
It doesn't need a specific board and can be used by PC or virtual machine.

For arm, we're now using lsdk1046.

We do not provide kernel, so you need to compile kernel according to arch.

by
Wangmy

@ 2020-04-07  8:15     ` Wang, Mingyu
From: Wang, Mingyu @ 2020-04-07  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

Hi Tim,

It's been a while since we made ubinux open source.
If there are any problems in use, please don't worry to ask me.

by
Wangmy

@ 2020-04-14 16:45       ` Bird, Tim
From: Bird, Tim @ 2020-04-14 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wang, Mingyu, fuego

Sorry to not respond sooner.

I have been quite busy with some other internal Sony issues recently.  I'll try to see
if I can get to this this week or next.  My plan is to try to use it on a spare beaglebone black
that I have in my lab.  Please ping me again if you don't hear anything by next week.
 -- Tim

@ 2020-04-21  9:37         ` Wang, Mingyu
From: Wang, Mingyu @ 2020-04-21  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bird, Tim, fuego

Ping

@ 2020-04-22  3:23           ` Bird, Tim
From: Bird, Tim @ 2020-04-22  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wang, Mingyu, fuego

OK, I finally got to this.

Here are a few questions:
 - why does 'python meta-ubinux/scripts/checkoutmetas.py' ask for a user name and password?
    - is it creating an account, or verifying some account?
    - what is the account used for?

The checkoutmetas.py command seemed to work OK.  I did the 'source' of the ubinux_setup.sh,
but when I did the first bitbake, I got an error.
(My distro is Ubuntu 16.04 - I'm not sure if that is relevant or not.  The error seems to be a
layer compatibility issue in yocto.)

tbird@timdesk:~/work/ubinux/build-ubinux-armv7$ bitbake ubinux-all
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
ERROR: Server log for this session (/home/tbird/work/ubinux/build-ubinux-armv7/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
--- Starting bitbake server pid 2195 at 2020-04-21 21:17:02.660460 ---
ERROR: Layer cgl-common is not compatible with the core layer which only supports these series: zeus (layer is compatible with warrior)

Any tips?
 -- Tim

@ 2020-04-23  2:05             ` Wang, Mingyu
From: Wang, Mingyu @ 2020-04-23  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bird, Tim, fuego

Hi Tm,

I have submitted a patch, and then it's not need to verify the account.

>tbird@timdesk:~/work/ubinux/build-ubinux-armv7$ bitbake ubinux-all
>ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
>ERROR: Server log for this session (/home/tbird/work/ubinux/build-ubinux-armv7/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
>--- Starting bitbake server pid 2195 at 2020-04-21 21:17:02.660460 ---
>ERROR: Layer cgl-common is not compatible with the core layer which only supports these series: zeus (layer is compatible with warrior)

To solve this problem, you need to modify the file meta-cgl/meta-cgl-common/conf/layer.conf and add zeus to LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_cgl-common
Just like this : LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_cgl-common = "warrior zeus"

Since the upstream has not been updated yet, this modification can only be done manually.

@ 2020-04-24  3:42               ` Bird, Tim
From: Bird, Tim @ 2020-04-24  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wang, Mingyu, fuego

FYI - I got the following error doing 'bitbake ubinux-all'
------
tbird@timdesk:~/work/ubinux/build-ubinux-armv7$ bitbake ubinux-all
NOTE: Your conf/bblayers.conf has been automatically updated.
WARNING: You have included the meta-openstack layer, but 'openstack' has not been enabled in your DISTRO_FEATURES. Some bbappend files and preferred version setting may not take effect. See the meta-openstack README for details on enabling openstack support.
Parsing recipes: 100% |##########################################| Time: 0:00:56
Parsing of 2063 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2063 parsed). 3118 targets, 75 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
WARNING: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_spdxscanner '^/home/tbird/work/ubinux/yocto-ubinux/meta-spdxscanner/'
WARNING: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_multimedia-layer '^/home/tbird/work/ubinux/yocto-ubinux/meta-oe-zeus/meta-multimedia/'
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION           = "1.44.0"
BUILD_SYS            = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING      = "ubuntu-16.04"
TARGET_SYS           = "arm-ubinux-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE              = "ubinux-armv7"
DISTRO               = "ubinux"
DISTRO_VERSION       = "2020.01"
TUNE_FEATURES        = "arm vfp cortexa9 neon thumb callconvention-hard"
TARGET_FPU           = "hard"
meta-ubinux
meta
meta-poky
meta-yocto-bsp       = "master:eb4959d419edfd1dcfeec384c4e509f0170d39b0"
meta-gplv2           = "zeus:0f4eecc000f66d114ad258fa31aed66afa292166"
meta-freescale       = "zeus:4af1824f3daa13bd2bceafe8de7f371b35e0dfce"
meta-filesystems
meta-gnome
meta-initramfs
meta-networking
meta-oe
meta-python
meta-webserver
meta-xfce
meta-perl
meta-multimedia      = "zeus:0d16b31c3d96e0797d3335d44545412996c48c9a"
meta-cgl-common      = "master:fe28a226377697639d18a9c671dd5f9004be0ba0"
meta-cloud-services
meta-openstack       = "zeus:b8c25f63ab9124fe911165205d17808b9a7dead0"
meta-virtualization  = "zeus:f4262ab75d36a06c528cc1630b48b817fb0acf8f"
meta-selinux         = "zeus:44d760413920ba440439b8bc7c2a71ca26cd7a2d"
meta-measured        = "master:a110355f087ce0ad1c90a3080878de3206fe0079"
meta-security
meta-security-compliance = "zeus:27ddb455543b670097e252ba0d0ad5b7e4101748"
meta-qt5             = "zeus:432ad2aa6c3a13253fefc909faba368851d21fb1"
meta-swupdate        = "zeus:ae3be5af32322293e9118570dde8dec117a83222"
meta-linaro          = "master:14a8a62dca7a2c70d91578fc79e71911bc670253"
meta-spdxscanner     = "zeus:051a87f5e2396d63ab36d86f5d8a772fd868e490"

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'uninative_event_fetchloader' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 231, in makedirs(name='/yocto/work001/common/downloads-ubinux202001/uninative', mode=511, exist_ok=False):
             try:
    >            makedirs(head, mode, exist_ok)
             except FileExistsError:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 231, in makedirs(name='/yocto/work001/common/downloads-ubinux202001', mode=511, exist_ok=False):
             try:
    >            makedirs(head, mode, exist_ok)
             except FileExistsError:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 231, in makedirs(name='/yocto/work001/common', mode=511, exist_ok=False):
             try:
    >            makedirs(head, mode, exist_ok)
             except FileExistsError:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 231, in makedirs(name='/yocto/work001', mode=511, exist_ok=False):
             try:
    >            makedirs(head, mode, exist_ok)
             except FileExistsError:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/os.py", line 241, in makedirs(name='/yocto', mode=511, exist_ok=False):
         try:
    >        mkdir(name, mode)
         except OSError:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/yocto'

I determined this was from a bad setting for DL_DIR.

In conf/local.conf I changed DL_DIR to:
DL_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/downloads"
and commented out other places where DL_DIR was set.

You might want to comment on this in the README.md
(https://github.com/ubinux/yocto-ubinux)
or fix this so that the default will work for people.

I'm building it right now...  So far, so good.
   -- Tim