* New Calamari server
@ 2015-05-11 21:43 Michael Kuriger
From: Michael Kuriger @ 2015-05-11 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-users; +Cc: Ceph Development

I had an issue with my calamari server, so I built a new one from scratch.
 I¹ve been struggling trying to get the new server to start up and see my
ceph cluster.  I went so far as to remove salt and diamond from my ceph
nodes and reinstalled again.  On my calamari server, it sees the hosts
connected but doesn¹t detect a cluster.  What am I missing?  I¹ve set up
many calamari servers on different ceph clusters, but this is the first
time I¹ve tried to build a new calamari server.

Here¹s what I see on my calamari GUI:

New Calamari Installation

This appears to be the first time you have started Calamari and there are
no clusters currently configured.

33 Ceph servers are connected to Calamari, but no Ceph cluster has been
created yet. Please use ceph-deploy to create a cluster; please see the
Inktank Ceph Enterprise documentation for more details.

Thanks!
Mike Kuriger

* Re: [ceph-users] New Calamari server
@ 2015-05-12  8:35 ` Alexandre DERUMIER
From: Alexandre DERUMIER @ 2015-05-12  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Kuriger; +Cc: ceph-users, ceph-devel

Hi, when you have remove salt from nodes,

do you have remove the old master key
/etc/salt/pki/minion/minion_master.pub

?

I have add the same behavior than you when reinstalling calamari server, and previously installed salt on ceph nodes
(with explicit error about the key in /var/log/salt/minion on ceph nodes)

@ 2015-05-12 15:57   ` Michael Kuriger
       [not found]     ` <D177704C.31735%mk7193-CivJcMWXhi0@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Kuriger @ 2015-05-12 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre DERUMIER; +Cc: ceph-users, ceph-devel

In my case, I did remove all salt keys.  The salt portion of my install is
working.  It’s just that the calamari server is not seeing the ceph
cluster.

Michael Kuriger
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
* mk7193@yp.com |( 818-649-7235

On 5/12/15, 1:35 AM, "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier@odiso.com> wrote:

>Hi, when you have remove salt from nodes,
>
>do you have remove the old master key
>/etc/salt/pki/minion/minion_master.pub
>
>?
>
>I have add the same behavior than you when reinstalling calamari server,
>and previously installed salt on ceph nodes
>(with explicit error about the key in /var/log/salt/minion on ceph nodes)

* Re: New Calamari server
       [not found]     ` <D177704C.31735%mk7193-CivJcMWXhi0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-05-12 17:51       ` Bruce McFarland
       [not found]         ` <7E8CF9C16F722345A89076330719CB1F4A824EDF-S73WLWeSKkaudDcc988YZay9ae4OIm1A@public.gmane.org>
From: Bruce McFarland @ 2015-05-12 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Kuriger, Alexandre DERUMIER; +Cc: ceph-devel, ceph-users

I am having a similar issue. The cluster is up and salt is running on and has accepted keys from all nodes, including the monitor. I can issue salt and salt/ceph.py commands from the Calamari including 'salt \* ceph.get_heartbeats' which returns from all nodes including the monitor with the monmap epoch etc. Calamari reports that it sees all of the Ceph servers, but not a Ceph cluster. Is there a salt event besides ceph.get-heartbeats that the Calamari master requires to recognize the cluster?

* Re: New Calamari server
       [not found]         ` <7E8CF9C16F722345A89076330719CB1F4A824EDF-S73WLWeSKkaudDcc988YZay9ae4OIm1A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-05-13  7:11           ` Steffen W Sørensen
From: Steffen W Sørensen @ 2015-05-13  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)