* 'Continuation' packets in case of NFS READ.
@ 2010-10-14  7:48 Tayade, Nilesh
       [not found] ` <AANLkTimMm0-Ux+frJq4k0PD5JyR2rMi8Bq9xXYSfjKbB@mail.gmail.com>
From: Tayade, Nilesh @ 2010-10-14  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

I am working on NFS packet capturing for NFS version3 protocol. In one
of the scenarios, I tried opening a very big file and in this case the
file data was transferred from server to client in several chunks.

I observed there were some 'Continuation' RPC payload sent from server
to client which carry file data. But even in Wireshark this doesn't
decode any other fields apart from the file contents.

Could someone please advice how client knows which particular file a
specific 'continuation' packet belongs to? The packet doesn't even have
the filehandle/program version data.

I have attached the trace file.

Nilesh
x46222